Chapter Five

Harry sat on the window ledge, looking out over the now flourishing forest. He would be fourteen this year, Ichigo would be fifteen...and still no word from him. Had something gone wrong? Had Harry returned to the past alone? He refused to believe that.

In three years, Hogwarts had undergone massive changes. A lot of people had been angry, but no one could doubt the increasing grades of the students. Some subjects had been dropped from the curriculum while a lot had been added. Hogwarts now offered the core subjects in a non-magical education with others being offered as electives. That had brought the Purebloods down on him but there was nothing they could do about it. At Hogwarts, Harry was King of the Castle. Putting a werewolf in as Headmaster had made them even madder and he had happily pointed out that if they didn't like it, they could go to another school. Since Hogwarts was the only one in Britain...well, very few had left. The teachers had definitely liked the increasing skills in essay writing that taking English provided.

The segregation between the Houses was pretty much gone, Slytherin had been the hardest but with Snape and Dumbledore gone, Voldemort permanently dead and then the older years eventually graduating, things had vastly improved. Kids now had friends in all Houses and except for Feasts sat with each other at any table. With Sirius on the Wizengamot a well, things were going quite well. Ousting Fudge and his Toad had taken some planning but with Amelia as Minister there was no bribery tolerated.

All in all, he was leaving the British Wizarding World in far better condition than he had thought he would. The new school year in Japan was starting in April and he had submitted all the necessary paperwork to attend Karakura High School in the same grade as Ichigo, despite being younger. He'd gotten his grades up to an acceptable level for that year and there may have been a little magical help to ensure he was accepted.

He was glad to be leaving, while the Triwizard Tournament would e lacking Riddle's interference some idiots had still decided to revive it. Remus had ensured there would be no dragons or freezing lakes in February. It would be a lot more spectator friendly than the last two tasks of the farce Harry had been forced into and safer. That was the only reason Remus and Harry had agreed to it. No Goblet of Fire either, it was ridiculous to risk the magic of students. He was just glad he'd be long gone before it began. Sirius and Remus weren't happy to not be going with him, but he was legally an adult and they were needed in Britain. He'd purchased an entire apartment building, cheaply, had it renovated and claimed the penthouse for himself while the others were being rented out. It had cost les than buying a renovated house would have since the building had been almost condemned.

He was a bit sad leaving Hermione, Neville, Luna, Daphne, Susan, Cedric, and Tracy behind; they were the closest friends he had this time around, but he wasn't as close to them as he had been Hermione and co the first time around. He'd held himself back, meaning to or not, since he had always planned to leave. Then again, if Soul Society became an annoyance, then it was possible he'd end up back in Britain with Ichigo and anyone else they wanted to keep safe.

It would be odd, not living in the castle but he still didn't trust the government enough to live even at a totally renovated Grimmauld Place. Even Sirius mostly lived at the castle, staying with Remus. There were no rules against the Headmaster having a roommate. The old Black town home was only used when he had to entertain for society.

~~

Harry groaned as Sirius hugged him tightly and Remus laughed before moving in for his own hug. "Call as soon as you get in," the werewolf demanded, and Harry nodded.

"I promise. I'm going to miss my flight if you don't let go."

They let him go and he grabbed his bag before heading through security, turning to wave goodbye before he vanished.