11

We left off...

She got about 20 messages from her saying the same thing and Uraraka felt her stomach turn. She walked further away from the stage, leaving her friends behind as they watch the next performance.

"Tsuyu, hey"

"Uraraka, I'm sorry. I know it's your performance a-and e-everything b-but Uraraka—"

Her voice was shaky and she was rambling which made Uraraka start to panic. Her stomach tied in a million knots and her eyes brimming with tears. "Tsuyu, what happened?"

Uraraka felt like she couldn't breathe as the silence stretched on. Then she finally said, "It's your mom, she's in the hospital."

We continue...

۵Pᴀɪɴᴛᴇᴅ Sᴛʀɪɴɢ۵

The showcase was far from over but Uraraka left anyways. She caught the worried look of her friends as she quickly collected the things she came with but that didn't stop her as she pushed through the crowd and rushed out the building.

Her chest was on fire and her eyes were stinging with tears but she swallowed the urge to scream and cry as she shoved some clothes into a duffle bag.

With her duffle bag in one hand and her violin in the other, Uraraka rushed off of campus and took the long trip to the bus station. Her mind fogged with multiple negativities didn't help with the nerves that were building up inside but she managed to keep that under wraps for as long as she could.

It took some time for Uraraka to make it to the station considering Blossom Arts was located away from the noise and craziness of the city. Uraraka's mind wandered during that time to her mother and how she must be feeling. She wanted more than anything to be beside her right now and that pushed her to walk faster.

The bus station wasn't as busy as she expected it to be so she easily bought a ticket and boarded the bus that was already waiting. A few people were scattered around the bus minding their own business so Uraraka did the same, walking to the very back of the bus and sitting with her duffle bag on her lap.

The bus didn't move for another 20 minutes and by that time, the bus was almost full. The rumble of the engine confirmed that they were about to go so Uraraka fastened her seatbelt and let out a breath.

"This will be an hour and forty-five minute drive with one stop at a rest stop. Please fasten your seatbelts and remain seated. Thank you!"

The bus was finally in motion and as Uraraka looked out at the passing buildings and trees, she finally allowed herself to cry. She let the tears run down her face as she hid behind her hood and sleeve.

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

Uraraka had fallen asleep at some point in the ride. She didn't even realize they reached halfway until she was shaken awake by a purple-haired boy in a hoodie.

She snapped her eyes open and looked around until she made eye contact with the boy that stood over her. She sat up and rubbed at her face.

"We're at the rest stop. You might want to use the bathroom or get something to eat before we head out."

Uraraka just stared at the boy as she slowly processed his words. He had a dull look on his face with half-closed eyes and dark eye bags. He looked like he didn't sleep often but then again what did she know.