Chapter 1

"I am pregnant," I blurted.

"What???" Harish and Kavya shouted in unison.

"Hey kiddo, you gotta lose your virginity to be pregnant," Kavya said. I looked down in embarassment.

"Don't tell me you are not a virgin anymore," She said again and I was silent.

"ANANYA VARMA, if you think you are kidding, please stop. This is not funny at all," Harish warned me.

"Guyssss I am not kidding. I AM pregnant!!!" I shouted. Thank god it was just us in the restaurant. Other than the odd look from the waiters, nothing happened.

"What do you mean? Who is the father? I don't remember you having a boyfriend," Harish asked me.

"He was not my boyfriend. We...met at a party and it happened," I said in complete embarassment. I have never been this embarassed infront of my friends.

"Guys.. I am not that type of a girl. I was drunk and so was he. It was a COMPLETE mistake," I said before they could judge me.

"Yeah, we know you are not that kind of a girl. But what are you gonna do now? Its your dance battle next week," Harish said making me more depressed.

"Honestly...I don't know," I said and my eyes started tearing up.

"Look, we gonna fix this together okay? Now, tell me who was this guy? Do you know him? Did you guys talked?" Kavya asked me, settling down beside me. She put her hand around my shoulder to calm me down.

"Answer me!!! Do you know him? Where is he from?" she asked me again and this time I shook my head.

"What on earth are you telling? You guys had sex and not know each other?" Harish asked me and Kavya sent a glare his way.

"The next morning when I woke up I saw a note telling he was sorry and he didn't meant to do that. He said he was afraid to face me. When I was leaving I saw his business card on the floor. Maybe he missed it. Since it was a mistake, I didn't dare to call him," I said, crying.

"Okay let's meet him tomorrow and solve this okay? We will tell him and let's see what decision he takes," Kavya told and I nodded.

"Ananya, listen to me. Don't worry about anything. Don't tell your family about this for now. Go home and take rest. We will stand with you no matter what happens,okay?" Harish said. 'A friend in need is a friend indeed' They proved it at that time.

I went home and tried to sleep. But, sleep was faraway for me. I opened my handphone and googled about abortion. I felt awful seeing the video of a poor soul being ripped apart during abortion.

What if he ask me to abort it? What if he is a jerk who doesn't want to take responsibility? But, do I have any other choice than abortion? I had my dance battle next week. I cannot dance if I am pregnant. If I lose this chance, I should forget my dream of being a dancer. But, I am not cruel to kill a innocent child even before it steps into this world. But, am I ready to be a mother at the age of 25? What will I do if he wanted an abortion? Siddharth Malhotra, that was his name on the business card.

What wrong did I do to end up like this? This seems like a dead end. The two possible ways to be out is not on my favor. Will I be in the state to choose between my career and my child? Am I cruel enough to abandon a child for my career? How will my family react to this? How my brothers react to this? I don't care about my father but my brothers? They love me as their life and I will end up hurting them. They trust me more than anything and I am going to betray them.

I thought about all the possibilities my life going to end up and fallen asleep. The next morning I woke up with a headache and swollen eyes resulted from crying all night.

"Good morning dear," my elder brother,Vikram greeted me followed by my younger brother, Riddhant.

"Good morning bhai. Morning Rid," I said.

"Ananya, you don't look good today? Are you not feeling well?" Vikram asked.

"No bhai, I am just little tired," I lied.

"Ananya, don't overwork yourself. Its not that you have a family to take care of right? You are still young. Think about anything else other than working," Vikram said and tears formed in my eyes.

"Yeah bhai," I said and got up to leave. I couldn't keep lying to him.

"Di, how is your preparation for the dance battle going?" Riddhant asked me.

"Its good Rid. I will probably come home late after the rehearsals today," I said. I had to go and meet Siddharth so I have to lie to them for coming late.

"Okay darling, take care and take your meals on time," Riddhant said. Why god? Why they love me this much? How could I afford to hurt them?

"Okay bye," I said and rushed out of the house. As soon as I got into the cab, I let myself out. I kept saying sorry to them in my heart. The driver gave a weird glance towards me which I ignored.

When I went to the office, I met Harish and Kavya who looked at me with sympathy. They tried their best to cheer me up but nothing worked. I could not focus on my work as I kept thinking how will Siddharth react to this. What decision he is gonna take and how am I going to react to it. Thousands of question was going through in my head.

The first chapter of my second book. I hope you can support me with this book too. I love you all<3 I hope I have done a good job writing this story. Comment down below if you have any suggestions. Thank you for reading.