Chapter 30

~A day wasted in your life is the day you didn't laugh~

Ananya's POV

"Hey Rid," I said on phone.

"Hey sis. What's up?" he asked me.

"Sky," I chuckled and he groaned. "Okok I have an important news," I said.

"What is it?" he asked me.

"I am getting married in two weeks. 27th September," I said.

"Wow, congrats Anu," he said and I smiled.

"We are getting a simple court marriage. Nothing big," I said.

"Why like that?" I can feel him frowning.

"Because...." I dragged. "I don't feel like having an extravagant wedding. Siddharth have no family and our family is angry with me. Plus, without Vikram bhai it will feel incomplete. I am sure he won't come. I feel bad to even get married without him, but.... I want to have a complete relationship with Siddharth before the baby is born," I said, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Siddharth was okay with that. In fact, he is the one who suggested we just get a simple marriage. He said he didn't want me to feel sad during the wedding, so it was better not to have one. When Vikram bhai is finally not angry with me, then I will think about it. You will come r-right?" I asked my voice cracking at the end.

"Of course I will. Don't worry Anu, his anger will be gone in no time. You and I know that he cannot be angry with you for so long. He loves you more than anyone," he said, trying to make me feel better.

"So, yeah. 27 September. I want to see you there. Don't ditch it," I warned.

"I won't miss it for the world," he said and I smiled.

"Riddhant, can you... urmm.... You can maybe like....t-tell V-Vikram bhai that I am getting m-married. Y-You see what he t-tells," I stuttered. I still want to try. It is going to be a special day for me and I want my brothers there together with my friends. 

"I will tell Anu. But, you know I can't promise right?" he said.

"Yeah, just try," I whispered.

"Alright, I got to go. Congratulations and I will definitely be there. Take care of yourself and my nephew or niece," he said and I chuckled. I hung up on him and leaned back on the couch. Siddharth is at work and I was home alone. Yesterday, we decided to have our marriage on 27 September because it was my mom's birthday. Siddharth was okay with it as well.

It was really sweet of him to understand that I didn't want a wedding because of the situation at home. We are just going to get a certificate. He convinced me that no matter how we got married, the fact that we are going to husband and wife is the most important. I planned on asking Harish and Kavya's parents' to come because they were like a parents to me as well. Other than that, I hope Riddhant will bring Vikram bhai as well. If only Vikram bhai comes, it will be complete for me.

I know it's too much to ask, but one can hope right?

It's been two weeks since Siddharth birthday and two weeks since I told Harish and Kavya that he proposed me. It escalated so quickly.

"Guys, we want to tell you something," I said. We all were sitting at a restaurant having our dinner. Bowling with them was fun and Abhi was sucking in the corner because he lost. He was not bad at bowling, we all were just too good. Bowling was Kavya, Harish and mine favorite thing to do to pass time, so we all had good practice.

I heard a chorus of 'what's it' and 'tell me'.

"Two days ago, Siddharth asked me to marry him and I said yes," I said.