Chapter 23

Ananya's POV

"Because I love you," I said. As soon as this words left my mouth, Siddharth froze in his place. Yes, I love him. All this while I was confused and couldn't name the feelings I had for him. But, the moment before I lost my consciousness, I realized that it is LOVE. At that moment all I wanted was to live with him for the rest of my life. If it wasn't love, then there is nothing else I can define my feelings.

"What?" he asked me. 

"I love you Siddharth. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and our baby. I cannot imagine anyone else in your place. Please forgive me for almost killing our baby. I promise you, I will be careful after this," I said, controlling my tears.

"Yeah, love. Please don't give me that heart attack again. I cannot live without you or our baby. And, no. It is not your fault. It is that bastard's fault," he said and hugged me tightly.

"I love you," I said again, hugging him tightly.

"I love you more," he said and chuckled.

"So, now please tell me. I want to know why," I asked him.

"About?" he asked me, playing dumb. I gave him a look that says don't-play-with-me.

"Fine, but its a long story. I will tell you on the way back," he said and I nodded. This morning, Siddharth brought mine and his luggage from the hotel, so we will leave straight from the hospital. We quickly took our belongings and left after making sure we are not leaving anything behind. Harish, Kavya, Sandhya and Abhi are coming in their car as last time.

"Fine, tell me now," I demanded as soon as we both settled in the car.

He sighed out loudly before starting. "As you know, he is the one who stole my design. That day, I went to my office to do some final touches to the design, because I had to present my design to one of the biggest investor in two weeks time. But, I was shocked when I couldn't find it in my laptop. I had a backup drive in the drawer of my office and I couldn't even find that. You know how I felt at that moment? Like I lost everything in my life. It was my only goal for the past two years and when I realized I couldn't found it, I lost it. The only person that crossed my mind to calm me down was Abhi. So, I called him," he said. He had a devastated look on his face.

Flashback(Siddharth's POV)

"What do you mean it is lost?" Abhi asked barging into my office. I am surprised the door didn't come out of it hold.

"It is not lost Abhi. Someone stole it. If something is wrong with my laptop and the file got deleted, then where is the back-up drive I had?" I said, frustrated tears welling up in my eyes. I shouldn't cry. Men don't cry. I should stay strong.

"Can you find anything in the CCTV?" he asked me. I shook my head. After I hung up on the phone call with him, I went to the server room of my office and checked the CCTV.

"There is nothing. Someone deleted it, I think. I couldn't find it Abhi," I yelled. I was beyond frustrated. That design was like my baby. I spent all my lunch break, vacations, holidays doing that project. I had missed my lunch and dinner many times, because I wanted it to be perfect. I spent most of the time, in google and in library trying to find my best to have this design. Now, it is lost and I couldn't fucking do anything to find it.

"Relax dude. We will find something out of this," he patted my back in comfort.

"No Abhi. It's gone. My two years of hardwork, my dream, I can see it going away from me. I couldn't do it. I don't have anything to present to Mr.Singh in two weeks. I cannot redo the design in two weeks, it took me two years to make the perfect one. Then, I won't even get a second chance. That is it. It's all over," I mumbled.