21

Stiles sat in class and laughed along with the other students. His History professor was probably the best teacher in the world – his knowledge of ancient Greece and Rome was encyclopaedic and he always knew how to make everything so easy to understand. Stiles had a bit of a crush on him, along with half the school. Yup, Professor Julian was a hottie.

His phone vibrated in his pocket – and he resisted the urge to check it right away. It was probably a pack member.

Scott had managed to graduate (just) and was at the Police Academy just outside of Beacon Hills – at the weekends he worked the desk at the police station and his dad was able to keep an eye on him.

Isaac had actually done really well, along with Reever. Both were training to become vets, although from what Isaac told Scott, the classes were a lot harder than either of them had expected. Reever worked weekends at her parents bar and Isaac was still with Dr Deaton.

Jackson went to Harvard – medical rather than the law his father had wanted. He told everyone he hated it, but Stiles had talked to him a few times a week on the phone and got the impression that he was lying through his pointy teeth. He was currently 'not enjoying' paediatrics.

Erica was working at the local wildlife reserve, deciding on what she wanted to do with her life – she was hoping to start her own outdoor camping escape, take people hiking – corporate groups for team building, that kind of thing. Boyd was at the local college working on his marketing degree, they figured together they would be able to work something out.

And Stiles… Stiles was working his way towards… he had no idea. The mix of classes he was taking really didn't make any sense, but he was having a great time and found that he really responded well to the learning structure of University.

When the class let out, he checked his phone. It was from Derek. 'UPS Tracking States ETA Of Package: Arrived.'

Stiles grinned. Once a month, he got a package from home – from Derek. Clothes, mostly, although sometimes there were other things in there, a book, or a new Xbox game, or (and Stiles was so glad those packages weren't being checked by the postal service) a small glass vial of blood.

He slid his phone back into the pocket of the leather jacket that had arrived last month. There had been a note in the pocket, in what could only be called 'Disney Princess Handwriting' – You get it for a month, bring it back in person, D.

Derek's leather jacket, smelling like Derek – although now it mostly smelt like Stiles because he never had it off his back. He really didn't want to send it back.

His car was in the lot, looking slightly out of place beside the electric or hybrid cars that were everywhere. A black chevy Impala – Derek refused to admit he'd bought it, even though the vanity plates were a dead giveaway. 'C4S T13L' Stiles had totally fan-girled out – and because everyone he knew was just so damn awesome, they all got it right away. He had Deans car! With the ultimate shipping plates! He was in fandom heaven.

He climbed in, pulling out his phone and calling. He didn't bother with texts anymore – Derek paid his phone bill. He was a kept man.

"Dude!" Reever yelled as he pulled out his hands-free and started the car. "Did you get the package?"

"Not yet." He grinned, "I'm just out of class. I thought you'd be at school now."