24

Stiles loved his job at the bar, loved everything about it – From the crappy music to the flickering lights, the watered down booze for the humans and the near enough poisonous drinks for the actual clientèle, he loved it.

He was pretty good friends with Wren, who everyone else seemed to avoid, but he reminded Stiles of Derek – they were both too quiet, too ready to resort to violence and a bit misunderstood. He had a pet monkey – Stiles thought he was the coolest guy in the world. He wasn't sure what Wren thought of him, but he didn't actively try to avoid him, so that was something, right?

And to make everything even cooler, tomorrow was his last day of work before Christmas. And Christmas meant Dad, Derek and Decking the Halls. Stiles fucking loved Christmas!

Derek picked him up from the Airport – Stiles had over bought (again) and had needed to pay for his excess baggage. Making Derek promise not to look in the bags as he hauled them off the revolving belt, Stiles wished he'd had time to wrap everything before he'd left. He was going to have to find a secret place to get it all done – and in a house full of nosey werewolves that was going to be near enough impossible.

They ended up arriving home later than Stiles expected, but Stiles could scratch 'making out with Derek in the Camaro' off his bucket list.

His dad was already there when they pulled up, the lights in the house showing the warm, family scene as Stiles looked through the glass walls. His dad was decorating the massive tree with Mellissa McCall – and Stiles through Derek a 'what the hell?' look.

"They arrived yesterday." Derek said, opening the trunk and grabbing Stiles bags. "They've been spending a lot of time together recently."

"Like... dating?" Stiles wasn't really sure how he felt about that. His dad had always just been so... devoted to his mom, the memoryof his mom.

"Not sure." Derek muttered, half dragging the bags. "They're not having sex if that's what you mean."

"Oh."

"Jackson brought less shit home than you." He grumbled.

"Jackson probably didn't buy everyone awesome presents."

Derek kicked open the door with a snarl. "Stiles is home!"

Stiles was sitting in his own bedroom – the one that Derek had designed just for him. He'd locked the door to the shared bathroom and the door to the hallway and was carefully wrapping all the gifts he'd bought.

For his dad, he'd asked Talon to make sure fishing lures. They were the coolest things Stiles had ever seen, and he'd got an awesome leather holder too, that all the Lures would slip into nicely. A few books on unsolved crimes with ties to the supernatural and a t-shirt from the university campus.

Isaac's gifts, now wrapped and in a little pile – a new cover for his phone, a study planner, and a leather journal. Apparently Isaac kept a diary. Who knew?

Scott got a gun cleaning kit, a fluffy mascot teddy (cause it was awesome!) and a new alarm clock – because his dad had mentioned that Scott was forever running late in the mornings.

Erica got books – mostly on survival training and forest conservation. He hoped she liked them – it had taken him a long time to figure out what to get her.