26

Derek found himself smiling as he lay in the tiny bed beside a soundly sleeping Stiles. He had been nervous about showing up unexpectedly, worried that he might be intruding on a part of Stiles life that he wanted to keep separate from Derek and the Pack. He was human – he was able to keep parts of his life secret, hidden.

The smell of the room was soothing, the scent of Stiles so strong it was almost overpowering. Derek smiled sadly, back in the Hale house, very few things kept his scent now. He'd been gone for so long that even the clothes carefully folded in the drawers had lost it, mingling with the other smells of the house. That was why he'd arrived unannounced. He'd walked into their room to find it only held traces of his wolves, and not his… Stiles.

Stiles mumbled in his sleep, drawing closer to Derek, hands pulling the wolf closer. Stiles had changed too – taller than Derek now, muscular too – although Derek could see that Stiles would never really outgrow his childish gangly movements. He would always look too lanky, too uncoordinated – and Derek hated that he wanted to add 'too cute'. Stiles wasn't cute, he'd outgrown cute last year when he'd come back for Christmas. Now he was starting to show signs of the man he was going to become, and that worried Derek.

Worried him because if Stiles body was changing, maybe his feelings were changing too. He'd told Derek he loved him, last year, in bed. Nearly a whole year ago – and he hadn't said it since. Not once. Derek felt like an idiot for coming – maybe Stiles had been pleased to see him, but that didn't mean he wanted Derek showing up, intruding on his life.

"You okay?" Stiles said, and Derek saw that his golden brown eyes were looking at him with concern. "You've gone all tense again."

"I'm fine." He managed. Hating that his voice sounded rough. He didn't want Stiles to think of him as… as a sourwolf.

"Hungry?" Stiles grinned up at him, seemingly unconcerned by Derek's tone. Maybe he was used to it – and that worried Derek even more. He didn't want to push Stiles away.

"Depends." Derek said, pulling Stiles closer and loving the feel of skin on skin. One thing hadn't changed with Stiles, and Derek was glad of it – he didn't need any encouragement to touch, or kiss. He let Stiles straddle him – the younger man unaware of how much Derek trusted him to let him take control in that way when his instinct was to dominate. But Stiles wasn't aware of the internal struggle as he covered Derek's body, kisses mixed with murmurs of pleasure. That hadn't changed either, Derek was pleased to find, Stiles was still just as enthusiastic as he always had been.

Derek ran a hand between their bodies, fisting around Stiles hardening cock. He still wasn't recovered from the first bout of 'reunion sex' as he'd called it, Derek feeling slightly guilty that he'd been too concerned with his own rampant need that he'd not taken the time to make sure Stiles was ready. Not that Stiles had been unhappy, going by the gasping encouragements that he'd been unable to silence. Even thinking about Stiles begging him for 'more' in that raspy, desperate voice made Derek's cock twitch.

Stiles bucked into his hand, as he pressed wet, open mouthed kisses along Derek's shoulder. Derek wanted to ask him to bite – desperate for that feel of ownership – but didn't know how to form the words. Stiles had only ever bitten him once, at the marking – the first time they'd had sex. He nuzzled into Stiles neck, using his hand to pull and tease Stiles until he was mumbling incoherent words into Derek's skin. Each breath was like a brand, searing and burning.