Unsaid Stories of Pie

It is half past ten in the night but everyone in the house has gone to bed. Pie glances to her right side, Alice has already drifted to her dreamland. Pie keeps forcing herself to sleep but she can't. Her head was flooded with thoughts that bothering her mind. Tomorrow morning is the day. The day of Kim and Yam's wedding. Tears come to her eyes whenever she thinks about it. Her heart feels like it is caving in because the pain and hurt are too much for her to bear. She sits on the bed in the dimly illuminated bedroom with her diaries.

Well, they are not a really diaries. They are actually papers that she compiled into books but Pie assumed that to be her diaries. There are five of them. Pie started to write her diaries when she dates Kim; tt was five years ago.

Pie flips the pages of her diaries. All she can see are characters cells that contain tiny palpable bumps called raised dots. It is a tactile writing system used by the blind and visually impaired people. Out of five diaries, four was written in Braille while the 2014 diary was written in half Braille and the rest is Pie's handwriting. That was because Pie has restored her sight.

Pie picks the 2014 diary and she flips the pages. She's uncertain whether she can still read them but she closes her eyes and brings her finger tips to touch the dots.

11th January

Today I woke up early. Kim took me for a date. Our SATURDATE! I know Kim didn't really agree to go to the Art Gallery with me but he still took me there. That's my boy. As you know,I am surely can't see the paintings in the exhibition. Kim is the one who depicted the paintings for me and I'm so grateful that he never got tired of describing stuffs to me. I wish I can see the painting of seascape of Hawaii by myself. By hearing the way Kim depicted the scenery, I can feel that the painting is the most beautiful painting in the exhibition.

We went to the mall as I requested to Kim. He took me to my favourite food court. We usually had our lunch there whenever we come to the mall. I really love it when Kim spoiled me like I am his little girl. It is always wonderful to be loved moreover to be loved by the man that I love. Okay, I don't want to start it or else, I am going to be so cheesy here. When we ate our lunch, I can feel that people's eyes were all on us. We ate like a little child, teasing each other and laughed like no one would notice us. I have always wished that this moment won't stop here. I felt so close with Kim and I don't want it to be over.

There came the part which I don't really like when I went out with Kim. He insisted to get something for us. I know he will buy stuff for me and I don't want to trouble him. I don't really care about those stuffs or gifts. All I need is his time with me but I know I can't do anything when he finally dragged me to follow him. Kim bought a few shirts for his working attire. He thought I can't hear what he mumbled to his self when I asked him to change one of his choices. I heard it. "I'm not a little baby to get rashes." Hahaha..He is so cute. Then he bought me a blouse. Kim said it suited me really well. Oh Kim, I can't see it either.

The best part of today's date was at the park. Kim told me his childhood story. Well, he rarely talked about his personal life to me but today he did. I learned that Kim used to have a crush with a girl of his neighbourhood. The funny part was when Kim didn't know how to count the numbers properly. I wonder how that could be but all I know, my Kim is a smart and wise guy. He doesn't seem like a dumb boy after all. What caught my attention was the reason on why Kim hated Maths. Let me try. I think I still remember what he told me this evening.

"Maths tells us three of the saddest love stories. First, tangent lines; One chance to meet and then parted forever. Second, parallel lines; never meant to meet each other and lastly Asymptotes; gets closer and closer but never ends up together."