[ 04 ] No turning back

"What the fuck were you thinking???" my cousin is scolding me like I did something that can harm our lives.

"He doesn't know this town or anyone. He looks nice and he has nowhere to go" Yup, that's me explaining my side on why I let a stranger sleep with me last night. No, not sleep with me, sleep in my house.

"Okay, your house, your rules but you said I can choose a room where I can stay. I'm choosing your room, let's share a room and don't blame me if one night that guy murder us." Kaye said. He's not a serial killer, or is he? Nah I don't think so.

I went to the kitchen to prepare our breakfast and he's there, making coffee.

He saw me and he smiled. I just noticed that his lips are shaped like a box while smiling. He looks so soft, how can that be a serial killer?

"Good morning, Celine. How do you like your coffee?" I'm still staring at him. 

"Hey, Celine?"

"Oh. Uh, sweet" What was I thinking? 

"Breakfast is done! Kaye!! Let's eat" This is the first time that I prepared a breakfast not just for myself, so I kinda overdid it.

"Waffles, pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon? Wow all of my favourites" Alex said

"So, how long are you going to stay here?" I said while eating my bacon

"Are you asking me to leave?" he laughed while grabbing some pancakes

"What?? No. I'm just curious." he was about to say something when Kaye came with a towel wrapped on her head, she just finished taking a bath. 

"Wow that's a lot for breakfast! Mom usually cooks egg and that's it."

"You're welcome, Kaye" then we all started eating quietly.

"Please tell me you're not a serial killer, Alex" Kaye broke the silence and Alex almost spit his coffee

"Kaye!!" this girl is embarrassing

"No, I'm not a serial killer. I'm your cousin's boyfriend" this time I was the one who almost spit my coffee

Kaye glared at me mouthed "what the fuck is he talking about" and I mouth "later"

After eating, since I'm the one who cooked, Alex volunteered to do the dishes.

Kaye pulls me to our room "Okay what the fuck? Is he your boyfriend??" she looks so confused

"No!" then she raised her left eyebrow

"Then why did you not deny it when he said that you're his girlfriend?" and now I have to explain

"Okay so Alex is writing letters for me, no, not for me, for Celine. He mistakenly sent it to this address because he had an amnesia. Wait before you say that I can ignore the letters or deny that I'm Celine when we first met I'll tell you that I tried, I really tried, but he's almost begging me to be Celine and the longing look in his eyes made me feel very sorry for him so I decided to pretend that I'm Celine" I explained but she did not buy it

"Stop being nice, Serene. You'll end up hurting him. Even worse, you might end up hurting yourself too. But it's your life, your decision." then Alex shouted that he's done so I left the room.

I can't stop thinking about what Kaye said earlier so I decided to have a hot chocolate at our back patio.

I looked at the moon while thinking about the consequences of my decision.

"The moon is really beautiful tonight" I was surprised

"Oh fu— you surprised me. Why are you still awake, Alex?" he sat beside me 

"I can't sleep. I'm really happy that I'm with you, Celine" I looked at him and felt a pain in my heart, this guy really loves Celine, what a lucky girl.

"Tell Kaye that I'm not a serial killer" we both laughed

"Don't mind her. Don't worry, I trust you. I know you won't do such thing" I assured him

"Okay that's all I need. Your trust." then he smiled.

Then there's silence for almost 10 minutes while we are both staring at the moon

"I feel sorry for us" I gave him a confused look.

"We both had an amnesia, what a tragic love story huh? But look at us, together, looking at the moon." I looked away.

I know, it's a lame reason but yes that was the reason I told him on why I'm not acting the same Celine.

"I'm sleepy. See you tomorrow, Celine" then he kissed me on my left cheek then left.

I was so surprised. I held my cheeks and said to myself "fuck Serene, look what you did..

.. now there's no turning back"