[ 05 ] Leave this place

"Hey, you better leave that bed right now

"Hey, you better leave that bed right now. Your boyfriend is waiting for you outside" Damn it. I'm still trying to avoid him because of what happened last week.

After he kissed me on my cheek, I couldn't sleep thinking about it. I suddenly have second thoughts on pretending to be Celine.

I feel sorry for him. I'm completely fooling him, pretending to be the woman that he loves.

"Celine, come out now. I made you a breakfast!"

"Yah! What about me?" Kaye opened the door

"You should be nice to me, I'm her cousin" It's been a week since they met and all they do is fight.

We were silently eating the pancakes Alex prepared for breakfast until Alex broke the silence

"I'm leaving next week"

"Good" Kaye responded while stuffing her face with pancakes.

Alex looked at me, waiting for my response but I can't think of anything to say so I continued eating.

"But I'll be back, I just need to visit my doctor." He said while looking at me, still waiting for a response but all he got is a response from Kaye asking him not to come back.

I went to my room to read a book right after we ate breakfast, then after maybe 10 minutes, someone knocked

"Celine?" It's Alex

I ignored him

"I'm going inside, okay? I need to say something"

Before he opened the door I pretended to be asleep.

"Oh maybe later"

He sat beside me and brushed the hair that is falling on my face then whispered "Beautiful."

My heart fluttered. Damn this heart. Why am I feeling this? I should not feel this way because I am not Celine.

"Yah!! Kaye!!"

"No way, Alex! This is mine now"

I woke up from my fake sleep that turned to a good nap.

"Yah! Why are you guys fighting again?? Respect the owner of this house when she's sleeping!"

Alex looked me in the eye like he's begging me to do something

"I want his bag. Sere— I mean, Celine, please ask him to give it to me" She's holding Alex' blue bag

"I'll just buy you that bag Kaye, now let go of his bag, he needs to pack his things"

Then I left them to feed Gummy.

"Celi—"

"Ah shit you startled me! What are you doing here? Why aren't you packing?"

"Can we talk?"

"Later. Gummy is hungry"

After feeding Gummy he grabbed my hand and we sat on patio's steps.

We sat there in silence. I looked at him, his arms were on his knees while blankly staring at the lake.

"I thought you have something to say, Alex?"

"You really don't care about me leaving?" I looked at him, his arms were still on his knees but this time he's looking at me

"Well of course I care— but you're going back again, right? I smiled at him, then he finally smiled.

"Yea, what was I thinking? Anyway, I'll be gone for weeks. Let's spend this week together, okay?"

Then I nodded. As if I can leave this place