[OLD]My Hope 【Nagito Komaeda x Reader】

Warning: This has suicidal, dark themes! Please do not read this if you have problems with it!

Patient number 327, (Y/N) (L/N). She was delivered into Mother Teresa's Asylum after several suicide attempts. She was diagnosed with progressing depression, that can even turn into schizophrenia.

Patient number 163, Nagito Komaeda. He was visiting Asylum for a long time, but not long ago he was completely transferred here from an orphanage. He was diagnosed with schizophrenia and slight bipolar disorder.

Mother Teresa's Asylum is an asylum that specialises on mental disorders of people under 18. It provides it's patients friendly atmosphere, and it's really similar to an orphanage. A lot of kids don't have parents, or their parents are arrested. Communication with other children is a great help to their restoration. Although, those who are too unstable to communicate with others are in their locked rooms.

That's exactly where you, patient number 327, are living at the moment.

You had a rough past. Your father secretly was a part of an organisation called Ultimate despair. Everything was fine until your mother started having daily fights with him, about year and a half ago. One day you came home from school and found a dead body of your older brother, and your mother, father and older sister were nowhere to be found.

Investigations showed, that your brother probably tried to protect your family from your somewhat unstable dad, who kidnapped your mom and sister.

After couple of months, bodies of your remaining family were found. At that moment you lost control and tried to commit suicide. But your neighbors found you and called ambulance.

After some time at the hospital, you were delivered here, to the Mother Teresa's Asylum.

Most of kids here were from abusive families. Some of them vent through trauma, like you. You were almost the oldest from patients. There was only one girl older than you, with dark braided hair and glasses, and a white haired boy that was your age.

***

You sat in a little courtyard by the asylum, looking at your bandaged hands holding flower crown. A young nurse, almost your age with purple hair who was taking practice in here walked to you.

- U-um... Miss (L-L/N) are y-you... ok?

- Yes, Mikan, thank you for worrying about me, you shouldn't though

- O-of course I sh-should! You n-need to get better h-here...

You didn't say anything, just turned your head in another direction. Mikan understood that you don't want to talk anymore and walked off.

You felt that someone is staring at you. You knew that feeling all to well. You looked around the courtyard and your eyes met with the gray ones. They belonged to this strange white haired boy. He was sitting on a bench. When your eyes met, he immediately looked down at his bare feet. You brushed it off and walked to the swing.

You sat down on a wooden swing and didn't really swing on it, just sat here, spacing out.

Until you felt like you're being pushed forward and backward on the swing.

- Huh...?

You looked back and saw the same white haired boy with a smile, riding you on the swing.

- What are you doing? - you said.

- You just seemed down. And I thought that you wanted to ride the swing, but you don't know how, so I thought I might help you. I'm sorry, trash like me shouldn't be touching someone like you...

- No it's fine...

You didn't say anything. Just rode on the swing, until the kid spoke again:

- I'm sorry, I don't want to bother you, but... May I know your name?

You hummed softly and said:

- (Y/N). (Y/N) (L/N).

- Oh, so you're the girl that everyone has been talking about, huh? I'm sorry for your family... You truly went through a lot of despair in your life.

You didn't reply anything. Just sat there, until you got bored. Without saying anything, you just jumped off the swing and walked back to the the tree. The strange kid looked a little bit surprised, but he walked over to you and spoke up:

- Why didn't you warn me, you want to get off? You could've hurt yourself.

- And what? - you replied, looking at one spot.

- You're here to recover, not to get hurt more.

You both stayed silent for a little. Until...

- What's your name?

- Huh?

You turned to the kid with the same blank stare, looking him dead in the eyes.

- You heard me. What's. Your. Name?

- I-i didn't think you would like to know a name of such a trash like myself. But... If you insist, my name is Nagito Komaeda, nice to meet you, (L/N)-san.

He held out his hand, on which you shuddered a little. You had a reflex, if someone holds out their hand, they'll hit you. But he didn't do anything, so you carefully took his hand in yours.

He smiled at you, on which you tried to smile too.

You sat there talking about stuff, about your past and future.

At the end of the day, you walked over to him and placed a flower crown on his head.

- What's that for? - Komaeda asked.

- You're my friend now, and friends give each other presents

- That's so nice of you, (L/N)! Saying that I'm really worthy enough to be your friend!

***

You spent 1 year and a half at asylum with Nagito. During that time, your mental health got a lot better, thanks to Nagito too. You two became best friends. You were released from the asylum and went to the same orphanage as Nagito. You went to high school and started to have hobbies. You started to live a normal life And one day ...

- There's a letter for (Y/N) and Nagito! - orphanage worker said.

- I'm curious, what someone wrote to me? I don't have any friends or siblings - Komaeda said to you.

- Neither do I. But let's find out, huh?

You opened the letter and read it.

Dear Miss (L/N) (Y/N),

You were chosen by the administration of Hope's peak Academy as the new school year's freshman

We're now happy to announce to you, that you're invited to attend our academy as the Ultimate (Y/T)

Administration of Hope's peak Academy

You looked up at Nagito with wide eyes. He looked at you with the same gray ones.

- What yours says? - he asked

- I-i'm... INVITED TO THE HOPE'S PEAK!!!

- REALLY MINE SAYS SO TOO! TODAY'S THE LUCKIEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!

You two were so happy that you're going to attend your dream school with your best friend.

Little did you know...

It was a start of another episode of hell in your life...

---

1141 words

1:09 am

69% phone charge (nice)

09.02.2020