[OLD]To the moon and back: Kaito Momota x Shuichi Saihara

Happy birthday to the best boy in the universe!

also, this is not an x reader but I love Saimota so much,,

Kaito always thought that love was something not for him. He's going into space, and something like love would keep him on earth. Strong friend-like affection is one thing, but love is much more different. His goals are beyond anyone's will, and he's not going to back down on anything.

Or so he thought, before he met a certain detective.

He were something different. Not like everyone in every aspect. Saihara didn't treat him like an annoying boy, who was running around and yelling. It was as if he actually cared about what Kaito had to say, and were interesred in him, his hobbies and opinions. Shuichi didn't smile often, but when he did, astronaut's heart did a funny little flip inside his chest. Shuichi's smoothing voice made his head spin. Detective's hands on his skin drove him crazy.

Momota fell so hard it made him dizzy.

Saihara became his dream alongside with going to space. Of course, he tried to deny it at first, but then, he just had to admit that he had a crush on his best friend. A huge one. And when admitted, he was super obvious, complimenting him on every spot, but still truing to be sneaky.

On his birthday, he wanted to spend time with Shuichi and if possible, confess. Kaito spent whole night preparing his confession. When the day finally came, he was really pumped up. He heard that his friends are preparing some kind of party for him. It was supposed to be a secret one, like in those american teenager movies, but Gonta accidently said something about party while talking to Kaito. But the astronaut decided to pretend that he did not hear anything.

He was waiting all day for the moment when someone would invite him to some room and then surprise him.

He waited

And waited...

And waited more...

A little more...

And like that, the day already passed. And he haven't got any invitation, nobody talked abput meeting him somwhere... Heck, did everyone forgot? The astronaut was sad. Really sad. Nobody really talked to him all day, almost as if everyone ignored him. Even... Shuichi.

He was sitting under a tree, really sad. His jacket on a branch. He was looking at the darkening sky, holding in tears.

He didn't even get the chance to spend some time with Saihara, and to... confess his feelings. Then, he heard a really familiar voice.

"Momota-cha-an~ What are you doing here all alone?"

"Go away, Ouma"-he wasn't in the mood for fighting with the purple-haired gremlin.

Kokichi pouted. "You're so mean, Momota-chan! And since you are sitting here without that stupid jacket... I think I can throw it away!" With that, Ouma took the jacket from the trees branch and started running away.

"Wha- Wait! OUMA YOU LITTLE SHIT!" Kaito got up and started chasing little supreme leader.

They ran back into the building, Kaito almost stepping on Ouma's back. They ran around a little and then Kokichi sneaked into the gym. Momota ran in behind him, and then the lights in the gym turned on and Kaito saw everyone standing around the gym. He wanted to open his mouth, but was immideatly silenced with everyone screeching at top of their lungs: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAITO!!!" He just stood there, absolutely stunned. And then, he started crying. Everyone freaked out.

"You don't like surprise!? S-sorry! We thought it a great idea!"-Gonta said, trying to calm Kaito down, but eventually started panicking more.

"Geez, we went through all this trouble just for this fucker to start crying?!"-Miu comlained, looking pissed af.