leave

RealLife

Nolan arrives at the cafe at 4pm sharp. He is stressed, so much that he feels like he is going to throw up. He is practically sure that he knows how the next few minutes are gonna go. Scott gets here and yells. Except that when Scott actually gets here, he neither looks pissed or disappointed, he looks more worried.

"Hey Nolan. Thank you for coming."

They move to the back of the cafe where they can talk freely.

"Are you alright Nolan? I'm worried about you."
"Yes i'm perfectly fine, you don't have to worry."
"Are you sure?" Insists Scott.
"Just say what you have to say Scott, you're waisting both my time and yours."
"Nolan, I don't really know how to say this. You have this scent on you. It's very specific, it's almost like you're around it all the time."

Nolan was dreading this conversation, he didn't want Scott to know Theo was living at his house.

"Nolan, are you and Theo dating?"

Nolan laughed, a good laugh. Scott looked at him, confused then waited for Nolan to explain.

"I'm not dating Theo, Scott. He's just living at my house because he doesn't have anywhere to go, he's working and is putting money on the side to get an apartment."
"That's not reassuring Nolan. It's Theo. He can change at any moment and you can't defend yourself."
"Scott he's my friend. He saved my life, he saved Gabe's life and Liam's, even your mom's if you think about it. I trust him."
"But I don't. Tell him he can stay. Tell him I don't trust him enough and that I would like for him to come to my place so I can keep an eye on him."
"But Scott.."
"Please, do you trust me?"
"Yes."
"Then believe me, it's for your own good."

Nolan looked at his feet in sadness. Theo is his friend and he trusts him. But he has to listen to Scott. Because without his protection, he's screwed.