protect

iMessages
stiles, scott

stiles
i have to leave in a few hours, but i'd like to talk to you first

scott
of course
i'll be at yours at 3pm, sounds good?

stiles
i'd like to do this in a public place if you don't mind

scott
should i be worried?

stiles
i don't think so
i just want to be sure you're going to control yourself

scott
the park then?

stiles
park at 3pm it is

RealLife

Stiles was on the swings when he saw Scott's bike arriving. He got up to meet him halfway and gave him a hug.

"I'm gonna miss you buddy," said Stiles.

They broke the hug.

"Do you know when you'll be able to come back?"
"Not at all, not too long I hope."

They smiled at each other then walked towards the bench in the middle of the park.

"You wanted to talk about something?"
"Theo. I know you're not his biggest fan, me neither trust me. But there's one thing you need to realize. He changed, if I can see it, you can see it. Especially you. You're always trying to help people, innocents. I know Theo is far from being innocent, but his not the same anymore. You gave me a second chance after Donovan. After everything Theo did for us, I think you can afford him one last chance."
"I know, I thought about it a lot, especially since friday night. But I can't help myself. I have to think about the pack."
"I know Scott, and I respect you so much for that, but if you keep going you are gonna lose it, not protect it."
"You think?"
"I'm sure."

Scott, who had lowered his gaze, looks back at his best friend, thank him and hug him for the second time. The last before a probably long time.