Chapter Two.

Once they got me into a room and lay me down on a soft, comfortable mattress, still thinking I was passed out, they began to discuss what they were going to do with me and I listened silently as they spoke in Spanish.

“I think we should kill her and be done with it. She looks like trouble, rogues are never good news.”

“We can’t leave her like this! It looks like the hunters got her good and she could help us fight against them. Intel and the likes”

“She’s obviously run for a long time. Look at these scars and scratches, not to mention the cuts.”

“We should let her heal and decide what to do with her when she wakes up.”

I heard the door click open to my right and someone, a small woman from the sound of her footsteps, entered.

“Why is everyo—” There was a sharp intake of breath and I heard her move closer to me. I felt her finger softly tracing the biggest scar on my stomach. It stretched from the left side of my bellybutton upwards to under my right breast. “What happened?”

I chose this moment to snap my eyes open and bolt out of the bed, snarling at the six people standing around the room looking at where I had been.

“Don’t touch me Rieker.” I hissed and crouched, ready to attack. I had to sell this otherwise they would kill me for being a rogue; that was the least of their worries though. The only way to do that was act like I’d been abused and used by hunters; not too hard to do considering it was the truth. The scar she’d traced was from when I was disembowelled by an alpha on my second mission.

As I had jumped up the alpha had shoved someone behind him and was baring his teeth at me. “Stand down rogue before I kill you for threatening my mate.” He growled.

Not wanting to push it I looked around at the others in the room, four I recognised as the wolves who confronted me in the forest from their scents and an older woman with bright blue eyes filled with concern.

None of them made a move towards me but stood still, waiting to see what I’d do.

“Who are you?” I whispered, knowing that it would be suspicious if I knew who they were. Someone on the run wouldn’t be bothered with such details when running from hunters.

 “The Piedra de la Luna pack.” A small voice said from behind the alpha, she stepped out from the protection of her mate and I was greeted by the sight of Rosy Sterling. “I’m Rosy, the alpha female and this is my mate Flynn.” Platinum blonde hair, pale rosy skin, slight dimples and bright sky blue eyes, just like the picture, although she looked slightly older. She had an English accent which matched her complexion and background from the file I was given.

I nodded and sunk down to the floor, knowing full well that I was butt naked. “I didn’t mean to run this far.” I whispered to myself, knowing they could hear me.

“Where were you going? What happened to you? Who are you?” Rosy asked stepping forward slightly, I tensed and shuffled back toward the wall and whimpered.

“They took me during a run. They hurt me, experimented on me for months.” Lie. It was more like centuries, centuries they’d been hurting me. Taking a shaky breath I squeezed my eyes shut and curled in on myself. “I escaped by stealing a knife and stabbing the guards when they came in to have their fun. I ran and haven’t stopped or looked back since.” A lone tear slid down my cheek and I looked up at them through my eyelashes.

I saw tears filling my target’s eyes as she turned to her mate. “You are not hurting her!” Rosy yelled at her mate and smacked his chest.

“Aw baby I was just being careful. She could have been here to hurt one of my pack members or worse yet, you.” He said rubbing his chest and pulling a puppy dog face at her.