Chapter Three.

I popped my head out of the door and looked down the corridor casually, I’d memorised the plan of the pack house for when the time came, and that time is now.

From what I’d been told about these files, they were located in a separate notebook which should be locked away in a secure safe—not secure enough though, since I could break into it.

I had been here for two days and so far I hadn’t done much to complete my assignment; kill Rosy Sterling and her family, steal a copy of the folders on the pack wolves and rogues.

I was about to break into the alpha’s office and take the files before heading back to the safe house to make multiple copies. I may need them in the future and I don’t want Rieker to have the only copy.

There was no one in the hallway and I could hear them all breathing downstairs, awaiting the arrival of the werewolf king, Andrew Nightingale, and his guards who would be arriving in the next half hour to discuss how they were going to track down the hunters, specifically me.

I could hear their hushed voices as I silently crept towards the closed door and smiled. They thought I was out cold because the stress had finally caught up to me. Oh, how wrong they were. You should never trust anyone, let alone a stranger.

I reached the end of the hallway, with still no one in sight I tested the door handle; locked, as expected.

Careful extracting my Kunai, a dagger with many uses, a valuable tool and weapon if need be.I strained my senses as I popped the lock and slipped into the office. You’d think they might be slightly suspicious when hearing the pop of a lock and creak of an upstairs door when no one was meant to be up here.

It took me twenty- five seconds exactly to crack the safe and as I slid my hand inside I heard multiple cars pull up outside the pack house and there were shared greetings, words and handshakes.

I noticed that the air changed and became heavily saturated with power, alpha power, the king was here.

The click of a door handle sounded behind me and I turned to see Matthias.

“I knew I shouldn’t have trusted you Hunter!” He lunged at me and I was knocked backwards into the wall, creating a loud crash and knocking the wind out of me. I know that there would be an imprint of my body as the sound of cracking wood echoed around the room.

“Did anyone else hear that?”

I stood and wiped the blood trickling out of my mouth, pulling out the shard of wood in my shoulder and charged Matthias. I had to focus on killing this stupid wolf and getting out without anyone else seeing me otherwise they will be able to identify me in the future; looks like I wouldn’t get the files today if I didn’t kill him quick enough.

I grabbed his wrist and snapped it in half, the bone sticking out. He snarled in pain and picked me up by the throat in a choke hold, growling like a rabid dog. I lifted my knee and kicked him right in the crotch while punching him in the face and breaking his nose.

I stood over him and picked him up by the throat as he was withering in pain on the ground and holding his dick. Using all my strength I whirled around and threw him out the window, making him fall three stories to the ground; it wouldn’t kill him and I still need to finish him off, but it would break a few bones. Glass shards were scattered everywhere and I had only a few seconds before the floor was swamped with guards.

I walked to the broken window and jumped out after him, landing with supernatural grace beside his trembling form as he tried to push himself up.

As footsteps sounded in the room I had just vacated I grabbed Matthias’ neck and punched him in a pressure point below the ear near the spine. If I’d hit it hard he would be dead; which is my prerogative.