12. As I Lay Dying

2.22
Present
Mystic Falls

Third person p.o.v.
Klaus woke up on the grass in the woods. The sun was shining down on his face as his eyes adjusted to it. He was naked, as he had been a wolf after he broke the curse. Just the thought of knowing that he broke the curse and finding Arabella brought a smile to his face.

As if in the mention of her name, Arabella arrived to where Klaus was with Elijah, him carrying something Arabella didn't care for. She turned the next tree to see Klaus naked. She shrieked and covered her eyes, her yells waking Klaus up fully.

Klaus laughed as Elijah threw the cloth, or the clothes, at him. "Don't be like that, love. It's nothing you haven't see before."

"It's something that I don't want to see." Arabella said as she waited for him to be decent.

Elijah's mouth quirked lightly, but he remained focused to reunite with his family. He turned towards Klaus who was still on the floor. "You've been busy."

Klaus sits up with a gazing look on his face. "That was amazing."

Arabella still covering her eyes, hears Klaus stand up. "How long has it been?"

"Almost 2 days." Arabella says annoyed. "I missed the funeral, thanks to you."

"Full moon came and went." Elijah says, not wanting to think about Jenna. Or Elena for that matter. "You remained a wolf."

Arabella removes her hands to see Klaus with pants on, but not a shirt. Well, maybe that's kind've considered decent enough.

Klaus smirks. "I can change at will, then. It's good to know. I remember every single kill."

"Yes, we've been cleaning up your little mess along the way." Elijah says, not amused.

"You're welcome." Arabella says, leaning against a tree.

"Just like old times, brother." Klaus says. He turns his attention to Arabella. As he takes in her beauty, he also listens as Elijah talks.

"You've had your fun. I believe we had a bargain." Elijah says handing him shoes as he walks by him.

"That's right. Now, what was it again?" Klaus says as he puts the shoes on. Arabella rolls her eyes as he continues. "Oh, yeah. Wait. I remember. That's it. You wish to be reunited with our family."

Elijah bends down to pick up his jacket, patting the dirt off of it."You gave me your word, Niklaus."

"What kind of brother would break his bond?" Klaus says with sarcasm.

"Uh, you?" Arabella replies back with the same tone, making Klaus smirk at her.

Klaus puts on his shirt as he looks back at Elijah. "Even though you did try to kill me." Arabella could hear the hurt and feeling of betrayal in his voice.

"I could have. But I didn't." Elijah says as he puts the jacket on Klaus.

"And now no one can, not even you." Klaus says as he turns to look at his older brother. "Relax, Elijah. All is forgiven."