Mini Prolouge

A/N: So this is a prologue for this part. It's mostly to show how Klaus and Arabella's relationship has been during the whole summer since they left Mystic Falls. It will not be the same length as other chapters. Anyway, this is not the first chapter, but it will come after this. I recommend reading this but if you don't want to, that's completely fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before 3.01

Third person p.o.v.
Klaus was driving a car to a destination Arabella couldn't give a damn about. The young vampire peered out of her window, enjoying the scenery. Music played from the radio as Stefan was asleep in the back seat. Klaus kept looking at her as she would look back at him. She rolled her eyes once he did it again.

Arabella caught sight of something through the window, something brown and white stuck in a tree branch. Arabella inhaled a breath. "Stop the car."

"I beg your pardon?" Klaus says as he looks over at her distressed figure.

"Stop the car!" Arabella yells. Klaus slams his foot on the brake, stopping the car and waking up Stefan in the process. Arabella opened the door and sped out to where the color was. She stopped in front of it and peered down at it. Klaus got out and sped to Arabella, grabbing her arm, as he was unsure of what was happening.

Klaus looked down to see a small puppy stuck in some branches, trying to free itself. The puppy was brown with spots of white around him. His eyes showed pain and hurt, Klaus looks to see his leg was injured by a branch.

"It's a dog." Klaus says, confused as to why she made him stop.

"He's hurt!" Arabella says crouching down, moving the branches and leaves frantically. "Help me!"

Klaus kneeled down to help her free the dog. Once the dog was free, she grabbed him carefully and held him in her arms. Stefan walked over to see what was going on, upon seeing Arabella holding an injured dog. She carries him into the car as the two bites follow her.

Klaus drives to a gas station, to refill the car while Arabella uses stuff from the gas station store to heal the wounded puppy. Arabella wraps a clear white cloth around the puppy's leg.

Stefan comes back from the store carrying a bag. "I've got snacks for the road." He turns towards the puppy that Arabella smiles at. "So, are we keeping him?"

Arabella turns towards Stefan with a confused glance. "Of course we're keeping him."

"Well, I don't know, love." Klaus says, making Arabella turn towards him. "We got a lead about two girls who know where a werewolf is. So, we already have a lot going on-"

"Can we keep him?" Arabella replies with puppy eyes, knowing Klaus couldn't resist her puppy eyes. Klaus looked away, knowing not to fall for this trap, but he couldn't help it.

"Alright fine. For you, my love." Klaus says, knowing it's been her dream to have a pet.

Arabella squeals in happiness, and without knowing it consciously, kisses him on the cheek. She looks down at her new puppy after realizing what she did. Klaus smiles genuinely and pulls her closer by the waist, kissing the side of her head. Stefan fake gags and heads to the car.

Arabella heads into her seat with the puppy in her lap. Klaus enters the driver seat and smiles at Arabella and the puppy.

Klaus starts the car. "So what are you naming him, love?"

Arabella puts her finger on her chin, as if she was thinking. "Bucky."

"Bucky? Why Bucky?" Stefan asks from the back, in confusion.

"Because I like Bucky." Arabella says turning around towards Stefan. "Do you have a problem with Bucky?"

"Nope." Stefan says quickly.

Arabella's mouth quirked up. "Good."

•••••

It was night by the time Stefan pulled up to the hotel Arabella insisted they stay at for the night. Klaus has said he would sit with her in the back, which he did. Klaus was holding a sleeping Arabella in his arms as Bucky laid asleep in Arabella's lap.

"C'mon, love. We're here." Klaus whispers, shaking her gently. Arabella stirs as she sits up, Bucky waking up as well.

Stefan pulls all of them into the lobby, reaching the front desk. "We'd like three rooms."

The boy at the front desk stares at Arabella, awes by her beauty. Klaus notices, pulling her closer to him as the boy snaps out of his trance.

"Oh, uh, sorry. We only have two rooms available." The boy says, terrified by the look Klaus was giving him.

"Well take them." Arabella says taking the key, wanting to sleep.

"Fine but you two go together." Stefan says to Klaus and Arabella. "I've had enough of you two fighting most of the time."

Stefan goes to his room while Klaus pulls Arabella I to theirs. She collapses on the bed once they enter, which Klaus laughs to. He changes and gets in the bed, pulling Arabella closer to him. Arabella, too tired to fight back or care, let's him. She snuggles into his chest as he puts his arm around her. Bucky comes onto the bed and lays down between them, but not pushing them away.

"Goodnight, Nik." Arabella says, already asleep to notice what she said. Klaus smiles down at her and kisses the crown of her head.

"Goodnight, love." Klaus says as he falls asleep with her.