Prolougue

Art Credit: @ yui_chuzza on Instagram

Kokichi Ouma, the Ultimate Supreme Leader, a liar and scumbag whom trusted no one and no one trusted him. A boy with purple hair and one purple, one yellow eye.

This boy awoke to the sound of Monokuma's annoying high-pitched voice yelling, "Meet up at the gym! A new motive has just been manufactured!"

The purple-haired boy rose out of his comfortable, checkered bed, rubbing his eyes.

He worked his way into his private bathroom. He looked intently into the mirror as he carefully put a purple contact onto his yellow eye. Kokichi blinked it into place. "Look! Now I look normal!" Kokichi chuckled to himself.

After admiring his eyes, Kokichi went straight for the gym, not even thinking about breakfast.
He entered the facility, welcomed by Kirumi, Tenko, Himiko, and Rantaro. Everyone seemed unnerved, you could feel that in the tension in the atmosphere.

"Morning, Kokichi," Rantaro said, waving. Afterwards, his eyes quickly shifted back to the ground. "Morning, avacado-chan~!" Kokichi teased.

As the two finished their small talk, the rest of the students entered the gym. Kokichi could notice how tense they were, just by how the eyes looked around.

As the last few entered, Monokuma popped out, his arms flailing excitedly. Beside him was a curtain covering... something.

"Good morning, students!" he greeted in that annoying tone. "I'm sure you are all wondering what this new motive is! Well, here it is!" Monokuma swung of the curtain to reveal a gun, a laser-gun more specifically. It looked so comedically complicated that you could've assumed that it was a kids toy that was meant to be from the future or something.

Everyone stared at it, unmoving, unknowing as to how to react to it.

Monokuma cleared his throat and elaborated, "This here handy-dandy contraption gives the target all their memories from before this game back! This even includes those memories you'd much rather forget! This means that their old personality will be given back as well! Only one lucky person will be chosen, though. And this person will be decided by the mastermind themself! This fortunate winner will be given their memories over night! Well, now that you know that, best continue on with your normal schedule. Enjoy yourselves! Just in case you get your memories given back~!" Monokuma snickered as he disappeared.

All they saw was the gun, laying on a small table.

"This silly thing won't stop us! How would it even give our memories back? It's just a toy, everyone!" Kaito said, picking up the gun.

"Y-yeah! Kaito's right! We won't let that stupid half-toned bear get the better of us with that thing!" Kaede stuttered, pumping her fists up and down. She took the gun and waved it around, signaling how safe it truly was.

Accidentally, Kaede pulled the trigger as her hand became unsteady. It shot something... or someone.

Kokichi laid on the ground, the gun had shot him. It was a laser-gun, but still the shine that was shot straight into Kokichi's eye burnt.

Kaede realized what she did and ran straight for Kokichi. "I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to! Are you hurt? Did anything change? Was it true? Are your memories back?" Kaede rambled, scrambling to grab an eye patch.

"I'm fine, Piano Freak!" Kokichi assured, taking out the contact that was in his burnt eye.

Kaede backed up, she was surprised seeing that Kokichi's eyes were colored like that. Then, she scooted back in closer, she was intrigued seeing that Kokichi's eyes were colored like that. "Wow! I didn't know your eyes are like that! That's so cool!!" Kaede said, observing Kokichi's eye closer.

Kaito scoffed. "So, you don't feel any different? Like, no 'memories coming back'? Or anything?" Kaito said.

"Nope! I'm 100% AOK!" Kokichi said in a childish tone.

With that, everyone got back to their normal routine. The day ended with everyone going to bed. Everything was normal, the gun was fake, no murders took place, and everyone was filled with hope to get out of that stupid place.

Then morning rolled around.