Chapter 8 ~ Ok, Finally

First of all, tHANK YOU FOR 4K READS, WHAT THE FUCK. YA'LL ARE TOO COOL. Second of all, sorry for the slow burn ya'll! I'm just trying to develop the plot to be more than just a ship, but since this is what ya'll came here for...

~Orange//Ky

Kokichi's eyelids started fluttering shut, it was clear how tired he was. He hadn't gotten enough sleep and reading a book wasn't helping in the slightest. Slowly, his breaths became deeper as they developed into low snores. He leaned against Shuichi's shoulder as he slept quietly.

"K-Kokichi?" the taller boy asked, looking up from his book after feeling something on his shoulder. His face deepened into some sort of shade of red. He wanted to shake him awake for the sake of his quickly beating heart, but he couldn't bring himself to. He looks kind of cute like this, he thought. Instead, he just opted to pat his head softly. Atua, his hair's soft, too, Shuichi thought, stroking through his purple locks.

Eventually, his shoulder started to ache a bit, yet he still didn't have quite the heart to wake him up. He wanted to sit there forever, simply enjoying the other boy's presence. He wanted to allow his shoulder a break, so he gently transferred Kokichi's head to lay on his lap. Good thing he didn't feel that, it would've been quite awkward, Shuichi thought as he brushed a few strands out of the smaller boy's face.

The two just sat there, peaceful comfort filling the room.

Kokichi cuddled closer to the comfortable presence, wrapping his arms around it. Shuichi looked down, feeling the purple-haired boy wrapping his arms around his waist. Somehow, the black-haired emo boy's face deepened even more, into an even redder tone, if that was even possible.

A sudden urge ran through Shuichi's brain to just lean down and kiss Kokichi. It didn't really matter to him where on his face, his lips, his forehead, or his cheek, he didn't care. He settled to just kiss him softly on the forehead. It was quick, but it worked. Shuichi smiled softly as he saw Kokichi's face blush in reaction to the kiss. It wasn't on the lips, because Shuichi would feel a bit uncomfortable since Kokichi couldn't consent to it.

Kokichi eventually started to stir a bit in his deep sleep. The taller boy could tell he was having a nightmare because of his quiet winces and whimpers and the sweat drops developing on his face, a few tears were even streaming down his face. He wiped away the droplets and combed his fingers through his hair in an attempt to calm him down.

Shuichi picked him up, hugging him against his chest. He started to hum whatever tune he could remember, which just so happened to be Black Parade by My Chemical Romance, of course. He felt Kokichi's deep heaving breaths calm down and he saw no more tears falling. He took his sleeve and wiped the old tears away.

Kokichi's eyes started fluttering open, his eyes widening as he realized the embarrassing position he was in. "Oh! Sh-Sh-Shuichi, sorry!" he apologized profusely, pulling himself away from the comfort of laying on the taller boy's chest. "I-uh, didn't mean t-to sleep on you," he explained, twiddling his thumbs.

Shuichi chuckled sweetly, caressing Kokichi's soft cheek. "It's fine," he insisted, moving his hand to the shorter boy's purple hair. The two simply looked into each other's eyes, thriving in the comfortable silence. They just looked at each other, admiring each other's features.

Suddenly, Kokichi leaned in just a little more. Then he planted a small peck on Shuichi's soft lips. It was small, but it was still a kiss, and that was enough to leave the emo boy's heart racing. Afterwards, he pulled himself up quickly from Shuichi's lap, where he was originally sitting, and he ran off to Atua knows where.

Shuichi touched his lips, a bit upset from the lack of contact there anymore. He sighed quietly, picking up his book and placed it back where he had found it. He left the Library with the goal of finding Kokichi, because man, he had fallen in love with Kokichi and he had fallen hard.

Kokichi slammed and locked his door quickly. He had retreated into his dorm in an effort to hide from Shuichi. He had stupidly followed exactly what his urges told him to do and Shuichi probably hated him for it. "Ugh! You're so dumb, Ouma!" he scolded himself, sliding down his door and sitting comfortably on the ground.

The taller boy walked through all the halls, searching for the other boy. As he went through the walkways, he ran into a girl with a blonde girl. Literally. He fell back onto the ground.

"Oh! Shuichi! Sorry about that, didn't see you there," Kaede said with a slight chuckle, leaning down to help him up. "It's okay, Kaede-chan," Shuichi responded, taking a grasp of the blonde girl's hand and pulling himself up.

"You look like you're looking for something. Is there something wrong?" she asked, walking alongside Shuichi. "Oh, yeah, actually. Have you seen Kokichi?" Kaede looked up, as if trying to retrace her steps in her brain. "Yeah! I'm not sure where he is right now, though," she responded, pushing some hair out of her face. "Thanks anyway, Kaede. Tell me if you see him," Shuichi said, turning into a different hallway. "Okay!" Kaede yelled down the hallway.

He walked throughout the hallways, asking a few different people where Kokichi could've been. A few people responding with a snarl, but a quite few also seemed to trust this new Kokichi. Though, now everyone was pretty much used to him.

Eventually he walked up to Rantaro and asked what he had asked everyone else. "Hey, Rantaro, have you seen Kokichi anywhere?" Rantaro turned around at the voice of Shuichi. "Oh, hey, Shuichi. And, uh, yeah I did, actually. He went in his dorm room. Why?" he responded, pointing towards the direction of Kokichi's dorm room.

"Eh, just some stuff happened," Shuichi explained vaguely, playing with his hair nervously. "C'mon, Shuichi~. You can't hide that type of stuff from me. I see how you look at him," Rantaro said with a wink. "Really, it's nothing," he insisted, nervous that the even taller boy would figure it out. He wanted to keep it a bit secret. "Dude, I literally saw you two, but o-kay," Rantaro said, walking off somewhere. Shuichi's face brightened with a large blush, but he tried to not think about what Amami just said.

After all, he knows where Kokichi is now.

[1111 words]