Chapter 9 ~ The Feeling of Love

Just a heads up, we are closing in to the biggest part, which will most likely come up after this chapter. Just prepare yourself. :) Also, 5K rEADS?? HOW IS THIS GETTING SO POPULAR??

~Orange/Ky

Shuichi walked up to Kokichi's door, knocking five times. He had hoped that Kokichi would answer, but he knew deep down that he wouldn't. He knocked five times again, this time, he was answered by the doorknob turning slowly and opening the door, not fully, but just enough to see in the crack that the person on the other side was, in fact, Kokichi.

"Kokichi? Are you okay?" Shuichi asked, concern lacing his words. The shorter boy simply nodded, averting his eyes. "S-sorry for... that," he finally spoke up. "It's fine," Shuichi said with a soft smile. "Just- uh- d-don't run away like that again. You seriously had me worried," he finished, chuckling nervously a bit. "O-okay, sorry," he apologized once more.

Kokichi opened the door a bit more. It was enough to show his entire figure, but not enough to signal that Shuichi should come in.

"I-if you don't mind me asking, why did you do that in the first place?" Shuichi asked, fiddling with the end of his black sleeve. "I-I don't know what came over m-me, I'm so sorry..." Kokichi explained, more like a ramble, though. "I- uh- didn't mind, y'know," the taller boy interrupted. The other was in a bit of a shock, humming a questioning tone, and tilting his head to the side. "Really?" Shuichi simply nodded, softly smiling. "O-oh! Um-er..." Kokichi tried desperately to think of something as to not make the situation awkward, he failed, but it's okay.

Shuichi blushed a bit at the smaller boy's cute awkwardness. He simply dipped down and planted a soft kiss on the other's lips. He adjusted himself quickly back into a straight posture after realizing what he'd done.

"Uh, I- uh- should've probably asked first," he said awkwardly.

Kokichi didn't hesitate a moment to put his hands on Shuichi's cheeks and pulled him closer, pulling him into a tender kiss. No tongue, though, they'd only just found this stuff out like 3 seconds ago, after all.

Shuichi pulled away, straightening his stance as to not look so awkward.

"S-so, um, we're cool?" Kokichi asked, twiddling his thumbs together. "More than just cool, silly," Shuichi said, planting another kiss softly on Kokichi's forehead. He pulled away and ruffled the shorter boy's purple hair. He left with a wink and a wide smile spread across his face.

Dork, Kokichi thought silently to himself as he closed his door. Cute dork.

Sorry for the shorter chapter, but it is what it is. I'm going to just leave it off here so I can work on the next chapter. Beware of my plans because there will be major ANGST!