Chapter 6 ~ Night Time

[Art Credit: cr4bbycl0wn on InstaGram]

Kokichi laid in bed, his mind spinning with thoughts, the type of thoughts you couldn't really put in categories because they were just so all over the place.

He heard a loud bing bong come from the speakers as the annoyingly shrill voice of Monokuma spoke, he said something along the lines of 'It's night time, get your asses to sleep!' Though, the boy in the bed wasn't paying much attention, so it didn't matter too much.

He knew from experience that he would just lay there, twiddling his thumbs until sleep overtook him, this tiring process would take from 10 minutes to 2 hours, depending on how tired he was.

This is- what?- the second night I've been like this, he thought. When will it end?

A loud knock on his door interrupted Kokichi's train of thought. He sat up and inched his way to the door. His hand hovering over the golden knob. I wonder who it is? he thought. Cautiously, he twisted the knob and positioned his body just enough to make out who this mysterious knocker was. And, to his surprise, it was Tenko.

"T-Tenko?" Kokichi said from behind the door. "Hey!" she responded with, strangely without her usual 'Degenerate Male!" comment. "Uh, Himiko, Angie, and I were wondering if you just wanted to, y'know, hang out?" Kokichi looked behind him, as if anyone were to be there, he opened the door so that it was almost fully opened, and nodded gleefully. "I-I'd be happy to! J-just let me change," he said closing the door slowly. "Of course! I'll go get Angie and Himiko while you do that."

Kokichi fully closed the door and went to the bathroom. He washed his face, looking in the mirror after every splash of water to make sure he didn't look too dead. Afterwards, he walked over to his dresser and picked out a white uniform, everything in his closet was basically the same anyway, so it didn't even matter.

As he finished strapping his back, he heard a knock on the door, it wasn't as loud and bold as Tenko's, in fact, it kind of sounded tired, so Kokichi could only assume it was Himiko. He opened the door and, not to his surprise, it was Himiko, behind her were Tenko and Angie, as expected.

"H-hey," he stammered, opening the door a little wider. "Hello, Ouma! We were thinking of helping Himiko with a new potion she's been working on! Care to join us?" Angie asked, enthusiastic as usual. "Y-yes, of course," he responded.

As they made their way to the little mage's lab, Angie decided to strike a conversation with Kokichi.

"There's been rumors of a MasterMind, y'know," she said in a comically ominous tone.
He simply hummed in response. "Before the game," she continued, "Did they reveal that they were the MasterMind?" To this, Kokichi nodded, his eyes wandering the corridors they walked through. "Nyeh... You're not gonna tell us?" Himiko said, a slight yawn taking over her voice. "N-no, they m-might be listening," he explained. He wasn't just looking through the corridors, he was searching for cameras or anything that could spy on them. You could call it paranoia, but, in a place like this, it's actually a good thing.

•~•~•~•~•~

Coming to the end of their conversation, they found themselves in front of Himiko's lab. She opened the door tiredly and showed them in.

The red-haired girl showed them around, pointing out important supplies like sage, crushed up eggshells, and rose petals. She gave the group a few instructional sheets that had basic potions on them. On the back, there were also a few sigils along with what they meant.

"Wow! T-this is just like wh-what Angie would give u-us before!" Kokichi said, skimming his eyes over the page. "Really? That's good. That must mean these are accurate," Himiko said, preparing a small bowl to mix some materials in.

Tenko stood next to her at her workbench, watching closely. "What potion are we making today?" she asked, observing as Himiko's hands cleaned the bowl skillfully. "A healing potion and a cooling potion," she responded tiredly, looking up at Tenko, "In case anyone were to get hurt or sick, they'd be helpful." The taller girl nodded, but it was still quite obvious she didn't really understand.

Kokichi and Angie soon joined them at the workbench as the red-haired shortie tried to get all the materials. She laid them all out, looking at her instructional sheet, making sure all the things were there. After collecting a few of the things she forgot, they were about ready to start.

As Himiko put in a few of the things, they wanted to chat a bit. "H-how do you know all this stuff, H-Himiko-san?" Kokichi asked as he helped her pour in some sweet honey. "Nyeh... I just learned a ton of stuff from all the manuals in here. They're surprisingly informative," she explained as she tried to find a way to speed up the cooling process, which didn't succeed. Eventually, they just decided to work on the healing potion while the cooling potion was cooling.

Angie put in a few herbs into the other bowl. "I never knew potions could ever be so fun to make! Nyahah~!" she said, taking in the smell. "Of course it would be fun, Himiko-san thinks it's fun, so it must be!" Tenko said, boiling some vinegar.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The night was filled with laughter and fun as the little crew brewed up their potions, but soon they realized how tired they were as they finished tightening the cap of the healing brew.

"Nyeh... I'm tired," the little mage said, rubbing her eye drowsily. "Me too," the supreme leader said, leaning side to side, trying to keep his balance. "Well then, we should head to bed! I'm tired, too," Angie responded with, still having a surprising amount of energy.

They all headed to their respective dorm rooms.

And there Kokichi laid once again, this time instead of it being 10 pm it was probably some time like 1 am, but Kokichi was too tired to look at his digital clock.

As soon as he took off his restraining shirt, he was knocked out on his bed.

Hey, ursine! It's Orange // Ky! All information for the potions and witchcraft was on WitchUniversity.com! The article was Five Basic Witchcraft Potions for Beginners! If there is anything wrong in this chapter about anything about that, please let me know and I'll edit it as soon as I can. Thanks for reading!!!!

[1107 words]