Afternoon Tea

"Is everyone ready?" Coulson asked us all as he loaded his gun.

          The whole team nodded, turning their heads towards me to see if I was prepared for this. Looking up, I hesitated but nodded as well. We might as well get through with this.

        At that moment, some of our other agents were following Bridget, tracking her down. I was going to go after her, try to confront her or at least make it seem like I had been searching for her; but in reality, I was going to tranquillise her and take her back to the new HQ. Coulson's team were going to be there to guard me, in case anything went wrong. That was what I was afraid of.

      The car ride was awful. Coulson's words were going through my mind. What if he was right about Bridget being from Asgard? Or what if she had done something wrong? What if she was one of the bad guys?

      Skye shook my shoulder, indicating that we were at the destination. We were in a park, full of people, people who could get hurt. Climbing out of the car, I tried to hurry on from the corner whilst the car sped away. Upon entering the park, I immediately started to look for Bridget.

"Bethan, keep moving, she is in the centre of the park." May's voice made me jump, making me remember that I had an earpiece in.

      After a deep breath, I took my first step forward, still searching for Bridget. I could feel the cool metal of my gun against my skin, which was tucked in behind my top and in my jeans. I was never going to use this on her, even if she threatened to kill me. I just couldn't.

"You're doing great Bethan, keep going. We're at our stations." May said once again."When you see her, approach her carefully, but make sure to act relieved that you've found her. Get a few tears flowing."

       Now that I was in the centre of the park, I sat down on a bench, still trying to look for her. It was an awful wait, even though I knew I had only been sat down for a few minutes.

"Bridget!?" I suddenly shouted out.

        I hadn't realised my actions until it was too late. She turned around, her hair blowing in the wind. Something was different about her. She seemed to just have this sort of glow, a spring in her step even. There was a new confidence, not a confidence in fighting or any agent skills, but a confidence about her new look. Why was she so glammed up? When she turned, her face was shocked.

"Bethan?!" She ran towards me, jumping onto me.

"I-I can't believe you're alive." I gasped, some tears escaping my eyes.

"Oh, little one, did you really think they could get me?" She pulled my earpiece out, causing a small pain from my ear. Crushing it beneath her foot, she grabbed my arm, pulling me along. Reaching for my gun, her other hand stopped me.

"Come on now, is that really anyway to treat an old friend?"

"Why are you doing this? Bridget what's going on?"

"Aw, all these little questions. Why are you doing this? Why me? What do I have to do with it all?"

"Bridget, you've gone insane."

"Well, at least we can agree on something."

       We had now reached a car park and I knew I had to do something. Elbowing her in the stomach, she doubled over, giving me a chance to knee her in the head. Once she was on the floor, she was laughing. Placing my foot on her stomach, I pointed my gun at her.

"Oh, this is just too good!" Bridget continued to laugh.

"Look, I don't know what is going on, but I have been in so much pain all of these years without you. Please, Bridget, let me take you somewhere safe."