Firm Business

"Pretty thug style, I blow you out slug style."

"Why did you say that on the radio?" Margo asked AZ as she stared at him, her face not showing her true emotions

"Why did you say that on the radio?" Margo asked AZ as she stared at him, her face not showing her true emotions. "Say what?" He asked as he picked through the shrimp scampi on his plate. "Tell them we were married." Her response caught his attention. He placed his fork down and looked at her. "What's the problem?" Her upper lip lifted at him. Folding his hands together he sucked his teeth then looked back up at her. "They're going to find out eventually." She leaned onto the table. "They'll find out when I'm ready." She pointed her index finger to her chest. "We didn't even discuss this, even if they took it as a joke for that moment, they can look up our marriage certificate online." Her aggressiveness was making him suspicious. "You trynna hide me or some?"

"Oh my god Anthony." She huffed turning her body away from him. "You goin' hard over this like you hiding something. What you hiding?" He asked squinting his eyes at her. "Really, that's where your mind went with everything that I just said?" She asked him flatly staring into his eyes, a bored expression glazing them. Her phone vibrated on the table. AZ reached a long arm over her plate snatching her phone. "What are you doing?!" She asked reaching for the phone in his hand. Grabbing her thin wrists in his left hand he forced her arms under the table ad he scrolled through her phone with his right hand. He already knew her lock code so it should have been easy to get through.

'iPhone is disabled Try Again In 5 Minutes'

AZ stared at her face, his eyes narrowed. Margo's eyes got wide. "It's a new phone for work Sean bought it." AZ's lip lifted. "Sean did?" He asked as his eyebrows lifted she nodded stiffly. He dropped the phone roughly, the sound of the metallic device clanking against the wooden table making the couple next to the table look back at them. Margo's eyes diverted from theirs instead burying her eyes into her fingers. "It's just a stupid work phone." He picked up his fork and continued to eat his meal zoning her out. She sat back against the seat and huffed. The phone buzzed against the table again. Her eyes went to AZ, the phone no longer an interest to him. He thought back to the day he met with his son, he accused him of cheating. He lowly chuckled at the thought. 'Would he be going this hard if it was his Mama doing that to me?' His mind wandered with the possibilities of what she was trying to hide.

He hoped she wasn't cheating. He had a tour to participate in, he wasn't trying to go to prison for murder until he finishes and collects his money. He pulled out his phone and looked through his emails, his leg shaking under the table. Margo sipped her wine as she checked him out in the corner of her eye. Once he finished his meal he put his hand up getting the attention of the waiter. "I'd like the check please." The woman dressed in a white button up nodded. "Will that be together or separate?" She asked kindly. "Separate." He said, his tongue picking the food out between the his gums. "Excuse me?" Margo asked looking at him in disbelief. The waitress stood by the table with her hand folded close to her stomach. She was unsure what she should do. "It'll be together." She told the waitress watching her turn to leave.