"Call Me Ochako" Chp. 9

So um.. Ochako?"

"Yah?"

"Will you be my g-girlfriend?"

My grip around Deku tightens. Is this a dream? This can't be real, the boy I have been crushing on for like ever asked me on a date and then ask me to be his girlfriend? My reaction would obviously be yes but, am I ready?

My parents just died, my mental health is a mess, and I feel like I would be more like a job then a girlfriend. I mean look at me. Deku has been helping me this whole time. What have I done for him? Nothing. I need to help Deku more and be a better friend before I'm ready to be something more.

Would the relationship be healthy? Am I even good enough?

"Ofcourse your not good enouph, you couldn't even save your parents. Your a failure, you will never be a hero for anyone." A voice talks, but where is it coming from.

Next thing I know, I'm softly placed on the floor and Deku gets in a fighting stance. Did he hear it too?

The words then sink in to me like a box of bricks. Never be a hero for anyone. A failure.  I look down at the floor and tears come to my eyes. I can't say yes to Deku no matter how much I want to. He needs someone better, someone strong, a hero.

I watch as my tears fall onto the sidewalk. Not good enouph, failure, never be a hero. I hear a loud thump, Deku is on his knees holding his head and covering his ears.

"SHUT UP! STOP TALKING! STOP!!" Hes screaming. I wonder what the voice is saying to him. I have no idea what he is going through. I can't help him, but I want to so bad. I need to comfort him.

I stand up clenching my fists. I won't let the voices tell Deku how he is not enouph, he is everything I'm not, perfect in my eyes.

"Your wrong! Me and Deku are working our butts off to be hero's! Don't say another word!" I say with confidence. Deku looks back at me, he looked distressed but he gets on his feet. He looks ahead of him and states "Yah! Come out a face us, if your not scared!"

I lean my back against Dekus back so we can look all ways for we have no idea where this voice was coming from. We are both is fighting stances ready to fight. Someone comes out of a dark alleyway. I can't tell what there face looks like because they have a large black hoodie on. They appear to be about 5ft 9in. I lightly nudge Deku with my elbow to tell him see him, Deku turns around still in the fighting position.

"So, you were able to fight your emotions, I would congratulate you but I dont really feel like it." The voice is deep, I believe it's a man. He yawns. "I'm sorry you two but you can't win this fight. If you haven't noticed I can read minds and talk through thought, it's my quirk. I know everything about you, your tragedies, your past and your deepest, darkest secrets, I know things about you, you dont even remember."

How can a quirk be that strong? There has to be a limit to its power. We just need to figure it out. Deku runs towards the villain to punch him but the villain easily dodges. "I thought I told you I can read your mind? I know what your going to do before you do, just give up." He yawns again.

"What do you want from us anyway?!" I yell while Deku walks back over to me. He pulls his hood back to reveal his identity.

It was the old creep from earlier! He was a villain, I figured he was just some weirdo but a villain? He was a  man with dark brown hair and he looked to be around 28. With dark bags under his eyes and a large cut through his left eyebrow.

He smirked as Deku and I stood in shock. "I was messing with you guys earlier, my boss says I have to bring 1 UA student back to our hideout but I'm sure he would love it if I came back with 2. And even if he didn't I could just keep the girl for myself." He said still wearing a creepy smile on his face.

Deku puts his arm in front of me. "If you think you can just win against us your wrong! We have been training to be hero's. Dont underestimate us." He says looking the unnone man in the eyes.

We dont know this man. We need to learn how strong his quirk is and how he uses it. Is he alone? If he can read our minds then how do we attack? Do we have a chance?

"You have already lost."

At that moment deku is stabbed on the side and he falls the the floor holding the wound. Who did that? Where are they? I didn't even hear them. He winces in pain, I put my hand on his shoulder while kneeling down.

We can't win now. We had a chance with Deku, he is ten times better than I am. Winning is out of the picture. Not with Deku like this and not if the attacker is unseeable.

It's my turn to help out Deku, my turn to be a hero. Being a hero is risking your life to save others so that's that I will do now.

I stand up keeping my head low. I take my phone out of my pocket and throw  it to Deku. If we call the pro heros I don't know what more he will do to me or Deku. "Call the ambulance and get to the hospital." I walk to the man.

I want to look at Deku, see him one more time but I can't bare to see the look on his face. "Uraraka! What are you doing? If you go, who knows what will happen. You could die!" Deku says. I can hear the pain in his voice. With my back to him there is silence until I finally answer.

"Didn't I tell you to call me Ochako?"

And with that we walk into the alley and I leave Deku.

Will I ever see him again? Or anyone for that matter?

Thank you for reading!
Word count: 1088