Chapter 6: Beginning of the Transference

Charles woke. He was laying on a rock. Looking around, he saw the other members of Apocalypse's group. He noticed Storm, Psylocke, Angel and... Erik. He tried to get inside thir minds, but to no avail. 

'You're blocking me. How?' Charles asked in wonder. 

'I can shield their minds from your power. It's one of the many gifts I have acquired through out the millennia. But to... see... inside a mind. To control it. That's your gift. You saw it, didn't you? The glory of what's to come,' Apocalypse replied. 

'Are you going to take part in all this killing? Destruction?' Charles asked Erik.

'It's all I've ever known.'

'No, it isn't. - You've just forgotten. Where is Adelaide?'

'I'm right here. On your left.' Charles was about to speak to me, but then Erik interrupted. 

'No, Charles, I remember. Your way doesn't work.'

'I showed him a better way. A better world,' Apocalypse chimed in evilly. 

'No, you just tapped into his rage and pain. That's all you've done. I told you from the moment I met you, there's more to you, Erik. There is good in you too,' Charles replied. 

'Charles, he's different. He's not Erik Lehnsherr anymore. He's Magneto. He's not my father or your best friend anymore. It's Cuba all over again.' 

'Whatever it is you think you saw in me, Charles. I buried it. With my family,' Erik replied to Charles.

'Charles, you will send a message to every living mind. You will tell them that this Earth will be laid waste. That it is I, En Sabah Nur, who wreak this upon them. Now. Deliver my message,' Apocalypse requested.

'Even if I wanted to, I couldn't reach that many people. I don't have Cerebro,' Charles replied, confused at Apocalypse's request. 

'You don't need a machine... to amplify your powers. You have me.'

They had been held captive by Colonel William Stryker for several minutes now.

So, let me go back for a bit. The mansion was destroyed by Apocalypse and everyone made it out except Alex Summers, Scott Summers' older brother. Then, the military invaded the place and Hank, Raven, Moira MacTaggert and Peter Maximoff were captured by William Stryker while Scott Summers and two newer mutants, Jean Grey and Kurt Wagner, secretly followed them to the base where the former group of people were imprisoned. So, there's the catchup.

Peter walked over to Raven and spoke in her ear, yet not so close that it was creepy, but not so loud that the others could hear. 

'You know him? Magneto.'

'I used to. I'm not so sure anymore,' she replied, surveying the high walls of the prison that they were in. 

'What was he like? Was he... like they say he was? Was he a... ... bad guy?' Peter asked, impatient.

'No. I mean, yeah. He was... Why do you care so much? Did you see his speech on TV or something?' Raven replied, almost snapping at the silver-haired speedster. 

'Yeah, but... He's my father.'

'What?' Raven asked incredulously. 

'He and my mom, they...'

'Yeah, I know. But... Are you sure?'

'Yeah. Yeah. yeah. He left my mom before I was born.'

'Then that would make you Adelaide's brother. Does she know?'

'Probably not. I met him 10 years back, but I didn't know it was him. By the time I figured it out, it was too late, you know. Then, this week I saw him on TV again. And, I came to their house looking for him. But, by the time I got there... Late again. You know, for a guy who moves as fast as me, I always seem to be too late.'

'Let's hope not this time,' she replied sympathetically, her voice softer this time. 

'Yeah. Seriously.' Just then, a voice came over the intercom that startled the mutants in the prison cell.

'Hear me, inhabitants of this world.' It was Charles.

From further in the base...

'What is this?' Scott said, confused.

'This is a message,' Charles spoke again.

'I think it's the Professor,' Jean replied to Scott's question.

'A message to every man, woman and mutant,' Charles said again.

On the sandy place overlooking Cairo...

'You have lost your way,' Apocalypse spoke.

'You have lost your way,' Charles repeated. 

'But I have returned,' Apocalypse said.

'But I have returned. The day of reckoning, it is here. All your buildings...'

'All your buildings and temples...'

'... will fall. The dawn of a new era will emerge. For there is nothing you can do...,' Charles repeated. '

Jean...' he spoke telepathically, 'to stop what is coming.' Jean, if you can hear me, focus on my voice. Cairo. Find us. Jean, find us. Cairo. Find us. Jean. This message is for one reason alone.'

'To tell the strongest among you... Those with the greatest power. This earth will be yours,' Apocalypse said. 

'Those with the greatest power. Protect those without. That's my message to the world,' Charles repeated.

Back at the military prison...

'That was Charles doing that without Cerebro,' Hank said in awe. 

'Sir, what was that voice?' a soldier asked Colonel Stryker.

'I know that voice. It's Xavier, isn't it? What's going on?' Stryker asked the four who were imprisoned. 

'We don't know!' Raven yelled.

'We don't know, bro!' Peter repeated.

From further in the military base...

'He just spoke to me,' Jean said, taking her fingers from her temple.

'I think he spoke to everyone,' Scott replied matter-of-factly. 

'I can hear him too,' Kurt chimed in. 

'No, no. He just sent me a hidden message. One he knew only I would hear. I know where they are,' Jean spoke. 

'Hey!' a soldier suddenly yelled, snapping the three into action. 

'Shots fired! Where's it coming from?' a soldier yelled from the prison where Raven, Peter, Moira and Hank were being held. 

'I have intruders in quad 6,' another soldier spoke.

'Send a security team and take them out,' Colonel Stryker commanded.