Chapter Two

Rokuda was the first person out of class when the bell rang. She had been watching the clock on the wall tick down second by second, waiting until she could break free of the knowing looks and stares she felt coming at her from all directions. That, and if she heard Yaoyorozu giggle Todoroki's name one more time she was going to have a conniption. She couldn't think of anything less tactful than the way that girl had been acting today. 

Once she reached her dorm, Rokuda made a beeline for her bed, immediately pulling up her comforter and burrowing deep inside its warm embrace. Her heart sunk deeper into her chest as her mind circled back to the events of today. Todoroki's words, the pitiful looks everyone gave her, and Momo's god damn bragging. 

The worst part was that she couldn't even bring herself to hate the girl. Sure, she was acting like a spoiled brat, but she always did. It was no secret that she hadn't a humble bone in her body and over time it became just a quirky part of her personality that everyone accepted, even Rokuda. Of course that's how she'd act when she finally got what she wanted, right? 

Tears burned Rokuda's eyes as she let them well up and fall down her cheeks. Two years of her life wasted on someone who was in love with someone else and she didn't even know. Todoroki and Yaoyorozu had always been close, but Rokuda wasn't really the jealous type. She had trusted her boyfriend.

Look where that fucking got me, she scoffed to herself. 

-
Down in the common room after class Midoriya, Uraraka, Todoroki, Yaoyorozu, and Asui were occupying two couches as they chatted about their sparring matches that afternoon. Yaoyorozu snuggled into Todoroki's side and placed a soft kiss on his cheek to which he didn't respond, so she did it again and he simply draped his arm around her shoulders, giving her a small squeeze. 

Midoriya scratched the back of his neck awkwardly as he avoided eye contact with the couple and Uraraka quickly picked up on his uneasiness. "Um, Momo?"

The raven-haired girl smiled at the brunette. "Yeah?" 

"Maybe you should uh, give the PDA a rest for a few days," Uraraka advised, thinking back to the hurt look she'd seen on her friend's face in the cafeteria that day. 

Yaoyorozu's head tilted to the side slightly. "Why? I'm sure it's no big deal." 

Uraraka sighed at how selfish she was being. "It's just kind of inconsiderate towards Rokuda," she explained. "She didn't do anything wrong, you know? I'm sure it can't be easy for her to see you together…" 

"It wasn't easy for me to see them together and I managed. I'm sure she can handle it, she's stronger than she looks," Momo shrugged. 

"... Right. Well, just promise me you'll consider it?" 

Yaoyorozu nodded with a sigh. "Sure, Ochaco. I'll try to be more considerate of Rokuda's feelings."  

Midoriya sat with his phone in his hands, looking over the text messages between he and Rokuda the night before. He felt so incredibly guilty for having been the one to truly break the news to her, but in his defense, Todoroki had told him before he texted her that he and Yaoyorozu had kissed that day. So of course he'd assume that they'd already broken up, he didn't think Todoroki would do something like that while he had a girlfriend...but he was wrong. 

When Rokuda didn't come down for dinner, several people noticed but with the class's newest couple present, no one wanted to subject her to witness more of that so they let her be.  After everyone finished eating, Midoriya prepared a plate for her and made his way up to her dorm, knocking softly on the door once he reached it.