Chapter Twelve

The next morning an extra tired Rokuda went through her usual routine and walked into the kitchen, the aroma of fresh coffee overwhelming her senses making a sleepy smile pull up her lips. She looked over to the table to see Bakugou with his toast in one hand and his phone in the other. "Thanks for putting on a pot of coffee, Bakugou."

Bakugou glanced up at her from his phone, his vermilion eyes connecting with her emerald ones for just a moment before flickering back down. "Whatever."

The redhead rolled her eyes with a small smile before fixing her breakfast and sitting down across from him. Rokuda propped her elbow on the table and let her chin rest in her palm to hold up her head lazily. She was barely awake as nightmares had plagued her sleep and her muscles were screaming at her still after yesterday's training.

Bakugou watched with slight curiosity as she took a bite of her toast and chewed slowly, her eyes drooping closed as she did so. He'd never seen her so out of it before but he had to admit that he found it quite cute. It wasn't until he saw a lock of her hair slip from behind her ear and into her cup of coffee that he realized she had actually fallen asleep.

"Red?" Bakugou called out quietly, earning no reply.  He sighed and spoke a little louder. "Oi, Red. Wake up you lazy fuck."

"I'm not lazy," she grumbled softly, her head pulling upwards to sit straighter but quickly it fell back into her palm. "I'm just sleepy."

"Then you should stop waking up so early, dumb ass."

Rokuda rubbed her eyes with the palms of her hands as she tried to wake herself up. "Then who would make me coffee? You do such a good job of it."

"That's all I'm good for? You telling me to just quit UA and become a fuckin' barista?"

The redhead laughed at the idea of Bakugou working any kind of retail service job. "Nah, I don't think you'd make the cut. You're well suited for hero work anyway."

"Damn straight," he softly replied as he leaned over the table and plucked the lock of hair out of her coffee, taking a long moment to tuck it behind her ear gently.

Rokuda's cheeks burned, his close proximity definitely waking her up. Her eyes were wide as they looked up at him in awe.

Bakugou glanced away for a second to gain his composure before he explained. "Your hair was in your coffee. You should keep it out of your face, idiot."

A small frown flickered across her lips as it reminded her of what Todoroki had told her about it not looking good up, making her chest ache a little as she became more self conscious and stared into her coffee.

Seeing her demeanor change, Bakugou had an idea as to why since she had mentioned it last week and as if he could read her mind, he piped up. "Icyhot was wrong, you know. It looks good both ways."

Rokuda waved her hand dismissively as she rolled her eyes, sitting up straight to pull her hair into a low ponytail with the elastic she always kept on her wrist. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

"Tch. Fine then, take that fuckwad's word over mine, see if I care." He scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest as he leaned back in his chair.

She raised an eyebrow at him. "You're just saying that to make me feel better. I don't want your pity, Bakugou."

"It's not pity, it's a god damn compliment. Fuck you're dense when you're tired, aren't you?"

Rokuda exhaled heavily and brought her mug to her lips in an effort to hide the small smile she felt creeping up her lips at the notion of Bakugou genuinely complimenting her.