Chapter Nine

After running to her dorm, Rokuda shut her door and ran to her bed and clutched a pillow to her chest. Did she just ruin her new friendship with Bakugou? Was it something more than friendship that drove them to end up in that position? Would he think of her differently now? Would Ashido and Kirishima think of her differently now?

Her mind raced with those questions and more as she squeezed her eyes shut tightly and hugged her pillow. Rokuda's heart began beating at double speed with the thought of Bakugou's intense gaze and gentle touch, her cheeks burning at the memory.

A knock at the door startled her with a jump and her chest tightened with anxiety.

"Rumi?" Mina called out quietly, not wanting to wake up her neighbors.

With a sigh, Rokuda got up and opened the door, knowing Mina was much too stubborn to actually leave if she didn't answer. 

Rose hued arms quickly wrapped around her shoulders as Mina clomped onto her with a hug. "I'm sorry I embarrassed you," she apologized.

Rokuda squirmed out of her grip and walked over to sit on the edge of her bed. "I-it's fine, Mina."

A dramatic breath of relief was breathed by Mina before she grinned. "Okay, okay. Tell me everything!" She squealed.

"There's nothing to tell," Rokuda mumbled as she rubbed the back of her neck, glancing in the opposite direction.

Mina scoffed. "Girl, you were sleeping cuddled up to the hottest guy in our class. There's no way there's nothing to tell." Mina crossed her arms and looked at her sternly. "I refuse to accept that response and demand girl talk."

Rokuda shook her head with a slight laugh at her demand. "Fine, fine." She took a deep breath before beginning. "I couldn't sleep and went down to make some tea but I couldn't stop thinking about...well, everything that's happening."

Mina took this natural pause in her explanation as a cue to sit down next to her friend, adding a 'mhmm' just to signal she was following.

"Bakugou heard me crying and tried to help. It was late and we were exhausted and just fell asleep."

"Bakugou tried to help?"

Rokuda nodded and bit her cheek.

"Bakugou Katsuki? Unprompted?"

The redhead laughed. "Yeah. He's actually been a really good friend to me this week."

"Hmm," Mina hummed as she looked her friend up and down. "You got a second quirk or something? How are you getting all the hottest guys in our class?" Mina teased, bumping her shoulder.

"I-I'm not so sure it's like that, Mina," she began to blush at the thought of Bakugou's hand against her cheek as he wiped her tears away.

"Your raging blush makes me think otherwise," she giggled.

Rokuda laughed nervously and rubbed the back of her neck. "It's Bakugou. He'd never be interested in me anyway." The redhead sighed before adding, "And I'm going through a shitty break up. It's not exactly the right time to be thinking about him like that."

Mina wiggled her eyebrows suggestively. "Thinking about him like what?"

"Mina!" Rokuda swatted her friend's arm before holding her blushing cheeks in her hands. "It's not like that."

"Mhmm, suuuuure."

-

After shooing Mina out of her room, Rokuda showered and dressed before heading to her parents house not far from campus. She didn't bother knocking on the door, she simply used her key and walked in.