Chapter Twenty Five

It didn't take long before the pair had made their way to the Rokuda's. Rumi dropped Bakugou's hand as they approached the driveway, and although he understood why, Bakugou couldn't help the small sting he felt from the action.

Rokuda simply walked in the door as they were expected and called out to her mom. "Hey, Ma. What'd you need me to pick up?"

Yua hurried out of the kitchen with two grocery bags but once she saw Bakugou - and only Bakugou - with her daughter she slowed her pace to give herself time to size them up.  "Oh, I didn't anticipate you bringing someone with you, Rumi," she smiled at the blond. "Sorry for inconveniencing you, Bakugou."

"It's fine," he shrugged. "We were out anyway."

"Oh?" Yua's eyebrow raised and her attention turned to her daughter, who was beginning to blush as Bakugou instantly regretted opening his mouth at all. "Where were you?"

"Uh, we wer-"

"Princess?" Mr.Rokuda's head popped out of his small home office down the hall and interrupted her.

"Ohthankgod," Rumi mumbled quickly under her breath before smiling at her father who had inadvertently just saved her ass. "Hey, Pops!"

He chuckled and made his way to the foyer, wrapping his daughter in a hug before placing his hands on her shoulders and pulling away. "Lookin' strong, squirt."

She rolled her eyes and he let his attention flicker over to the male beside her. "And you brought Bakugou? Well, it's good to see ya again, kid."

Bakugou nodded in acknowledgement, not wanting to speak in case he made things worse.

Rokuda looked down at the bags in her mother's hands, wanting to get this over with quickly. "So, uh, what was it that you needed us to pick up, Mom?"

"Oh! Right. Well, I did some baking. I figure you kids probably don't get a lot of treats since you're always training," she smiled proudly before handing over the bags to Rokuda, but getting intercepted by Bakugou who thought it was the right thing to do.

"I can carry them."

Yua studied him for a split second as he adjusted the bags in his hands. She looked back at her daughter and beamed. "I made Shoto's favorites, so make sure he gets some, okay?"

Rumi tossed her head back with a groan of both annoyance and embarrassment. "Ma, you gotta stop with that. We broke up weeks ago."

"Just because you broke up, doesn't mean you won't get back together," she tutted and Bakugou couldn't hold back the quiet "Tch," that sounded from him.

Yua frowned at the blond, her suspicions heightened. She cleared her throat before she continued. "You two are in love and that's not a committment you should take lightly, sweetheart."

"Were," Rokuda corrected, but her mother waved it off.

"He's a good man, Rumi Rokuda. He's polite, wellspoken, and he treats you well. You shouldn't write him off so hastily," Yua chides.

Hideo glanced at Bakugou and recalled what he had said at dinner about Todoroki treating her badly. He noticed his tense jaw and the white knuckled grip he had on the grocery bags he was holding.  It was obvious to him that the blond was biting his tongue, but it was also obvious to him why.

"Perhaps we don't know the full story, Yua," he spoke kindly and placed a hand on his wife's shoulder. "We should trust Rumi on this."

Rokuda's eyes flickered to her dad's, trying to get across a thankful expression, which was quickly foiled as Yua scoffed lightly as she turned to her husband. "She's young, she doesn't realize how good she's got it and I don't want her to regret her actions later on."