chapter 21

a/n get into a sad mood before reading this. listen to some sad music. be in your feels.

3rd person

sam and mark kept in touch for 5 months until they both got very busy again. mark was promoting in the US, while sam was promoting in japan. they still tried to text each other and phone each other everyday, but it just felt like more stressful work. "where's sam?" nari busted through the front door, making jiah jump in shock.

"she's gone. why?" harin asked

"because some site just tried to put her and mark on blast!!" nari said throwing her phone at harin who was sat at the island.

harin just caught it before it fell into her food, "you're lucky!" she warned, glaring at nari, who just smirked.

"wait, are you for real?" jaehwa asked getting up from the couch, "are they even dating?"

"i don't know, but they did try. read it harin!" nari demanded as harin unlocked her phone and opening the article.

"yg and sm idol, mark lee and sam lee from the hit tv show we got married were recently seen sneaking into sam's home, and a few dates in between their busy schedules. no comments from yg and sm yet, but we will keep you updated." harin finished reading as jaehwa let out a gasp, nari stood behind harin with her eyes wide open. the rest of the girls were currently not home.

"when the heck did that happen?" jaehwa was confused because she didn't even know sam was seeing mark again

"i'm not even sure, i'm so shocked right now!" nari took the seat next to harin as sam strolled into the dorm with chaewon, and jiah.

"sam, do you have something to tell me?" harin crossed her arms staring at sam. sam froze in her spot because she was hiding a big secret from her members and she wasn't sure if she wanted to reveal it yet.

"uh, no, but we did come from seeing doyoung and jihoon and they're planning their debut!" she happily said as the girls smiled

"that's good for them, but for you, sam. are you kidding me? dispatch wrote an article about you!" harin snapped, shoving nari's phone in her face as sam took the phone in her hands

she seen pictures of mark and her on their private date, or so she thought private. "harin-" she was cut off by harin holding up her hand

"save it, sam. im happy for you but this could hurt not only you, but us, mark, and marks members. have you ever thought about that? this could ruin our career!" harin scolded the girl, "you need to stop this sam. you wanted a career as an idol but are gallivanting around with mark? don't you know idols can't date? it's a hard time on not only you, but us too. this was so selfish of you, sam." harin sighed angry. she didn't want to scold sam and her relationship with mark but she had to do what needs to be done. she's the leader.

sam held in her tears as she started to think about everything else, "this is not fair. im a human being too! i deserve to find my first love too! i put my entire teenage years into my career! training, training and more training!! never once have i complained about it, not once. i gave up living a normal life because i love singing. i love it so much, but i would give up everything to sing." she yelled, tears streaming down her face

"then give up mark." harin harshly glared at sam. harin's heart broke when sam looked at her with heartbreak in her eyes. "you're not the only one who gave up everything to be where you are, sam." she turned away from her before she started to cry. 

"why are you acting like this, harin?" chaewon voiced as everyone stood frozen.

"im sick of going through this same cycle!" she raised her voice turning around again, "she gets depressed not seeing mark and stays depressed for months while we have to pick her back up and try make her feel human again. we have a job to do and trying to put her back together is not one of them!" she yelled, tears running down her face now. "that's not fair, sam!"

"im sorry! what do you want me to do? im just human, i go through heartbreak too!" she crossed her arms starting to get angry.

"you're slowing us down. you're distracting us! god, seoyeon, you're not happy working anymore. i can tell you're miserable going to record, going to filming. what do you want, sam?" harin stared at the girl with tear stained cheeks, "what do you need for you to feel like you're human again? going on that show fucked you up. you can't let go of mark when you should!"

"you know what? maybe, i will leave the group then! that will make me happy!" she glared at harin as everyone gasped. this took a turn it shouldn't have. "im not happy in the group, im not happy at all. i need to find myself. maybe being an idol wasn't what i wanted after all!" she shouted, her world felt like it was collapsing beneath her. everything felt jumbled up, it didn't feel right. "im going to my aunties house tonight. please, let me tell sanha." she sighed, walking towards the door and out the door she went.

everyone stood frozen in spot, they had no idea what to do. they couldn't comprehend what just happened. was sam leaving the group? "i can't believe this." nari breathed out, the first to speak.

"if that's what she wants, we should respect it." harin stated, walking towards her room where she laid down and stayed for the rest of the night. everything took a turn for the worst, what will they do now?