Venom

Willow's POV
"It could be poisonous."
Rye walks up to the water.
"Only one way to find out."
He grabs a hand full of water and drinks it.
"Rye no!"
We all sit there for a good minute.
"It's good." Rye smiles.
"There were better ways to do that" Tilsee rolls her eyes.
I splash the water on my face, the water is refreshing and cool, my sore throat is cleansed with the liquid and my throat no longer hurts.
Tristen and Tilsee stand there waiting to see if we die.
"I'm not thirsty," Tristen says. "I had a mouthful of water when I fell through the ice."
Tilsee watches us and about ten minutes later she finally takes sips from the water. We fill up our water bottles.
"We should stay the night here," Tristen says. "I don't want to go back through the tundra right away."
Suddenly we hear screams not too far from us, Rye and Tristen have their weapons ready. Two cannons fire, meaning there are 13 tributes left. A loud gasp catches my attention, it was Tilsee who gasp her hands are shaking.
"Tilsee?"
"It bit me!" She cries.
I know exactly what she's talking about Bizzy Beetles... They probably got scared of the cannon and jumped on Tilsee. She has two red bumps probably as big as a grape on her arm, there's another one of her neck and her thigh.
Tristen walks over to Tilsee keeping a good distance in case the bugs are still there. I scan myself for any of the bugs but find none.
"It's okay," Tristen says.
"I'm going to die how is that okay!" She cries.
"You don't know that," Tristen tries to reason.
I can't imagine the cost of medicine to cure the bites. I don't even think one of our sponsors would even be that generous.
"We need to get out of here," Rye interrupts.
We walk a mile to the mountain section where we will stay the night. We layout our things and make a little camp. Tilsee is crunched up in a ball, she's mumbling something to herself. We all snack up on the bags of dry fruit and take small sips of waters.
"I'll take watch," I say.
"No. I will," Rye says.
"It's okay I have a knife."
"That you don't know how to use," He says.
"You all need sleep, I'm fine."
"Let her," Tilsee says.
"Fine. Wake me up if you hear anything."
At first, Rye watches me but eventually, he falls asleep. I notice Tilsee shaking really bad I know she might not make it but I won't give up on her. I walk over and lay my cloak over her. After I while I start to fall asleep, but I'm quickly awakened by a pain in my arm. My eyes burst open to see Tilsee cutting my arm.
"What the hell are you doing!"
She looks sickly and she's shaking, the bumps on her arm ooze with green stuff. She looks at me with the creepiest look it brings chills down my body.
She brings the knife upright above my heart, I hit her off me and I'm about to scream when she jumps on me taking the wind out of me. She points the knife over my heart but I grab her hand. We are wiggling on and off each other until she runs the blade of the knife down my cheek. The pain hits me instantly, I let out a small cry. I pull at her hair and grab her hand that holds the knife. Tilsee might be a year younger than me but she's stronger than me. I push my fingers in her eyes hoping that will make her release the knife. I let out a wimpier when she sticks her finger in the cut on my arm.
The next thing I know is an arrow in Tilsee's neck. The thing that follows is a cannon saying Tilsee is dead.
"Willow!" Rye cried.
Blood flows down my arm and my face. Rye kneels next to me.
"I'm so sorry!" He cries.
Tristen walks over to me shocked.
"What happened..."
He looks over at Tilsee's dead body.
"She tried to kill me," I mumble.
"Why, Tilsee would never do that."
"It wasn't her, it was the Bizzy Beetles," I say. "The venom."
Tristen notices the blood and cuts all over my body.
"I'm sorry," he mumbles.
Rye wipes off the blood with a little water and his cloak.
"The cuts are pretty deep," Rye signs. "I knew I should have just kept a watch!"
I block out Rye, who's yelling at me. I notice Tristen grabbing something from Tilsee's lifeless body.
"What is that?"
He holds out a necklace.
"She told me on the train her mother gave it to her. It was her sister's before she died," Tristen says, I notice tears fill his eyes. "She didn't deserve to be in these games, she was too young, too smart, too sweet. The way she went wasn't like her."
We pack up our things and we watch as a hovercraft picks Tilsee up. Even tho the girl tried to kill me, I can't help but feel awful that she died.