Finale

Rye's POV
I didn't sleep that well last night, nightmares kept haunting my sleep and it didn't help that there's no one to keep watch. I have been curving a stick into a knife and twirling the white flower between my fingers. I keep having flashbacks of Willow's death, the blood and her last breath scare me the most. I'm not scared of anything in this arena, I was only scared of losing Willow. I consumed all of my sister's nightmares and now I hope she can sleep in peace.
Today I think I'm going to hunt I can't live on dried fruit I need meat. Most of the animals died off from the lava but I think I could find some birds and squirrels. Mother taught me how to make a trap and how to trace an animal. I have to admit making the trap really helps to take my mind off things, considering it's something I did at home. I lay out the trap and I place some dried fruit by the trap. I begin to move deeper into the woods to find some animals in trees, I notice some rustling from above and I shoot at the leaves. A squirrel comes falling down, this will make good dinner tonight. I grab some firewood and use one of the leftover matches to light it. After the squirrel is cooked I eat that with some dried pears and water. This should help bring my energy and strength back for the final. I wonder how mom and dad are taking Willow's death, I wonder how's district 12 is doing, I miss them, I miss home. I might be able to go home if I play this game smart. The safest place from anything the game makers will throw at me is the cornucopia. I pack everything up and I begin to head towards the cornucopia, as I walk through the woods I notice the sky starts to turn green and I don't think that's from the tree leaves. This is it the finally all I have to do is kill two more people. I walk quietly and cautiously not knowing what the game makers plan, but a scream senses me to run. I don't hear a cannon nor do I know what attacked them or who got attacked. The burnt leaves crunch under my feet each step I take and I know whatever is out there can hear me now. I try to load an arrow but I'm moving too fast, also my hands are too shaky. I start to see the black grass and the golden horns of the cornucopia, that's when I see him the boy from 1 running from the dessert section. Then Tristen pops out of the forest behind me getting chased by something. The creature by behind him is some kind of spider lizard thing that has lava dripping from its flesh, the creature has scales and it's head is shaped like a lizard but has spider-like eyes, it has a long tail and sharp teeth, but it also has eight long spider legs dripping with lava. When I reach the cornucopia I notice that the creatures are coming from every section, the game makers wanted us here. I grab an arrow and reset it on my bowstring I shoot at one of the creatures it takes two arrows to kill. I notice the creatures closing in and I start to climb up the horns. Tristen is struggling to fight off one of those creatures while trying to climb. He screams in agony as the lava drips on his skin and as the creature's teeth dig into his arm. Willow voice echos in my head that I can't leave him, I decide to shoot the creature to death, Tristen quickly climbs onto the cornucopia not questioning my decision. Link stares at me and my bow then he says, "sorry to hear about your sister."
I'm not sure if this is a cocky comment or a general sorry, but whatever it ticks me off.
I grab an arrow and I line it up on the string then I point my bow at Link. My arrows about to fly in his chest when I feel a force push me to my feet. The creature attempts to bite my face off, but I hold him back with my hands. I grunt my teeth in agony as the flesh of my hands is being burned by the lava of the creature.