003.

[Name] didn't notice how raspy her voice was, how it quivered as she tried her hardest to speak. The person on the other line seemed to pause on how hurt she sounded, taking in a breath as they let out a tense grunt.

"I'll be right there."

Hanging up, she let out a shaky breath as she found herself curling up on her couch. She hugged her knees, nuzzing her face in her knees as she waited for them to arrive. After what felt like hours— which was actually about twenty minutes— she heard a faint knock on her apartment door.

Getting up, she answered the door, revealing the man who treated her like family after years of knowing him.

"Hey Mikey. . ." She whispered, watching as the older males expression twist into one of extreme concern as he stepped into her apartment, closing the door as he pulled her into a hug.

"You look awful." He said, rubbing circles on her back as she hugged back. Chuckling softly, she felt herself tear up again as she felt the familiar feeling of dispair hit once again. She sniffled softly, the sound being muffled by the mans coat as her face was barried in the clothing.

"You need to stop doing this [Name], this isn't healthy. . ."

"I-I know, but how else can I cope with this? S—She's hurting me— She's hurting him and Awsten can't even see that." She whimpered, nuzzling her face deeper into the jean jacket, taking in the scent of faint colonge the clothing was stained with. The males heart clinched at her words, he couldn't stand the sight of seeing the young girl he once helped raise so broken.

Mikey remembered when she was only a kid, a teenager whom had big ambitions to show the world what she was made of. Her shy, reserved manner at the time would fade away whenever he came to visit, fuling her love for music as he helped getting her where she was today.

He remembered the first time [Name]s mother introduced him to the young girl, he remembered how shocked she was to hear her mom announce the two were dating. He felt a small smile rise at the fond memories they shared, treating the young girl as his daughter as she viewed him as a father.

And like every father, he wanted to protect her.

Yet, it seemed that as the years past, he couldn't forfill what he promised her mother even after they ended things.

"She needs a father figure in her life— Even if we are seperated, I still want you around her. She looks up to you, she sees you more as a father then her idol. I—I don't want her to shut everyone out again. I don't want her to be quiet or reserved like she used to be around me- Yeah she has Awsten, but what if something happens? She needs someone to depend on."

"I promise I'll do my best to keep her protected— Keep her on the right track. I love her like a daughter. I want the best for her too."

How the hell could he go through with what he said if the girl he promised to protect was crumbling in his arms?

She was falling apart.

And he didn't know what to do.

-

"I remember when you were just a little angsty teen, crying over Hugh Jackman in X-Men. Where did the years go?" Mikey teased, recalling the young girls reaction of seeing the marvel movie for the first time. She cried a lot during random bits of the movie, some sad, some not.

The girl groaned, letting her head fall on the table as the older male chuckled. "I also remember your Back Street Boys phase."

"Can you stop." She groaned, bringing her head up to take an seemingly annoyed sip of her [Favorite Coffee]. She glanced around the cafe with annoyed eyes, pouting when she brought her gaze back to the man she called her father-figure.