t w o

Taehyung ran so fast, he's sure he would've set a record for something.

But, unfortunately, he wasn't running on a track. He was running down the street from his house to Namjoon's house.

The neighborhood they lived in was quite large. His family lived in the poorer part of the middle-income area, whereas Namjoon's lived closer to the nicest houses.

After that time when they were 11 and sixteen, and Namjoon had caught him with bruises all over his arms, he accepted defeat and told the elder what was going on.

You might wonder why Seokjin was sent to a fancy private boarding school, and Taehyung wasn't? Because the elder was smart and excelled in every subject, whereas Taehyung had struggled in some. Seokjin knew nothing of Taehyung being abused. He absolutely adored his younger brother, and hated if he ever got hurt. Their parents though Taehyung to be stupid, and didn't deserve to be sent to a nice school. But they also couldn't afford to send two kids to a private school. They struggled even with Seokjin there, and still having to support Taehyung at home. He wasn't fed as much as he should be, and was underweight for his age.

He was easily bruised, and too skinny. He was picked on at school as well. Until Namjoon saw it one day, and threatened people to stop. Everyone loved Namjoon. He was the golden boy of the school, and anyone who was friends with him was treated with so much respect. So they stopped. At least wherever they knew Namjoon was going to be.

His mom and dad just went their third day without feeding him, and when he asked if he could have just the smallest portion of what they made for dinner, his dad slapped him. His dad had very large and beefy hands, and Taehyung had seen stars.

So Taehyung ran. He left the house and ran to his only friends house. A place where he felt safe.

When he arrived, Mrs. Kim answered, and she smiled kindly at him.

"Hi Taehyung.. are you looking for Namjoon?"

He nodded, not wanting to open his mouth, as he felt close to crying.

She must have noticed that, as she nodded, and let him in. "Namjoon is in his room. If you're hungry, dinner is almost done."

Taehyung muttered a thank you, and he hurried to Namjoon's room.

He practically knocked down the door as he rushed in, his breathing getting faster and shallower by the second.

Namjoon looked up from the book he was reading, his eyes wide. When he saw the state Taehyung was in, he tossed his book to the side and opened his arms.

"Come here.."

Taehyung did just that, hugging him, and pressing his face into Namjoon's neck, and started crying.

"Shh.. I'm here for you, baby. Let it out, everything will be okay, I got you.."