Chapter 6

Why do you love him?

Last time-

"you wanted to see me, ma'am?" "Yes, sit down Mister Potter, this could take some time."

"Is this about me and Draco?" Harry asked. "It is." Snape answered.

"Mister Potter, what were you and Mister Malfoy doing to make you so late?" Professor McGonagall asked.

"Well, you see. Um." Harry started as he looked at Snape. "Oh good goddess, just tell her!" Snape snapped.

"You're the one that told me to keep my bloody mouth closed!" Harry snapped back.

"Don't snap at me Brat. I will curse your ass to London and back." Snape growled "Can you do that?" Harry wondered

"Not legally." McGonagall answered as she jumped into the conversation

"Oh, sorry Professor. I forgot you were here." Harry said

"Yes, well would someone be so kind as to tell me what is going on." McGonagall asked

"Well you see, I was down in the dungeons with Professor Snape, helping him clean up a prank from the twins." Harry told her.

"But why where you late for the feast?" McGonagall asked "The Weasley twins pranks take awhile to clean up. Fireworks and Potions do not mix." Snape answered.

"They set fireworks loose in the dungeons?" She asked "yep, in the Potions Classroom." Harry replied with a grin

"so what is going on with you and Mister Malfoy?" McGonagall asked

"We are dating, have been since this summer. Now, if that's all, I'm going to go find my boyfriend." Harry said as he got up. "Yes Mister Potter, that is all" Professor McGonagall said. Harry nodded as he left the room.

Walking back down to the great hall, he started looking for Draco so that they could go to Potions.

"Harry, hold up." Harry turned and saw Dean and Seamus walking his way. "Hey guys, have you seen Draco?" "No, not since breakfast. I think he was going to meet up with some of the other Slytherins." Dean said "Ok, do you know who?" Harry asked "Nott and Greengrass I think." Seamus answered "Thanks guys, I'll see you later." Harry said over his shoulder as he headed to the dungeons.

As he came around a corner he heard Draco's voice. "Piss off, the lot of you before Professor Snape shows up" Draco snapped at a bunch of 5th year Slytherins. "Don't you lot have a class to get to?" Harry asked as he came up behind the group. "Shite, Potter, don't sneak up on people like that." One of the Slytherins said as the others jumped. "You heard the man, get!" A voice said from farther down the hall. The 5th years moved off as the person that shouted moved closer. "Thank you, Baron." Harry said as the Bloody Baron floated past. "Come on Harry, we are going to be late for Potions. We don't want to lose points on the first day of class." Draco said.

When they got to the classroom, the rest of the class was waiting for the door to open. There were three Slytherins, including Draco, two Gryffindors, Harry and Hermione and one Ravenclaw, Padme Patil.

The classroom door opened and they heard the Professor.

"You have made it into the 7th year repeat class. Due to circumstances beyond your control, you were not able to complete your NEWT exams. You have been given an opportunity that most will never have, it is my job to make sure that you receive the best education possible. Do not squander that opportunity. If I believe someone is slacking off that individual will be out of my classroom so fast their head will spin." Snape said as he walked around the class.

"As you can see, there have been some changes made. That dunderhead, Slughorn left my classroom a wreak and so some things have been moved."

"Now, over the summer you were told to create a potion. The brewing of the potions you created will be your assignment for today. You will be working independently seeing as only you know how the potion is supposed to look and act." Snape watched as they got set up.

Harry pulled out his cauldron and added four cups of water. After starting the water to boiling, he started pulling things out of his bag, powdered Rosemary, Bay, Birch Bark and Unicorn Horn, some type of hair, what looked like blood of some sort and an unidentified clear liquid. Once the water came to a boil, Harry added the Rosemary, Bay and Birch Bark. Then he boiled it for nine minutes, stirring clockwise constantly. Then adding the blood and hair he cut the heat back and simmered it for five minutes. After the five minutes were up he added the horn and the clear liquid, stirred clockwise seven times and let it simmer for an hour and a half.

When time was up the Professor walked over to the cauldrons and looked over the contents. "Mister Potter, would you like to explain what you have created?" Professor Snape asked. "Yes, thank you, sir. I have created a liquid form of occlumency. If someone cannot form a occlumency shield then this will form a temporary shield around their mind, so that they can focus on learning how to shield and not be worrying about an attack." Harry explained to the class. "The fact that you created a working potion is surprising, a potion of this caliber should be beyond your skill level considering your past work. I will be expecting the same level of skill from now on." Snape drawled. "Of course, Sir."

As Harry watched the rest of the class show off their potions, he started planning his next project. By the end of the school year he wanted to have a full inventory of potions he had created, lucky for him, this year was all about potion creation. When class was over, he stopped outside the classroom and waited for Hermione to catch up.

"How did you make that potion, Harry? Professor Snape was even impressed with it." Hermione asked excitedly. "Plus I've never seen a potions class that Professor Snape hasn't had something nasty to say about your work."

"'Mione, I've had all summer to work on the potion, I knew I needed one to get into potions so I studied. I worked hard for that and I'm going to have to keep working harder to stay in the class." Harry grumbled.

"Just be careful Harry, you don't want to give Professor Snape a reason to kick you out of the class." Hermione worried. "Calm down 'Mione, I'll be fine. I've handled worse than our sarcastic professor." Harry laughed.

"Come on, we need to hurry. 'Mione, what's your next class?" He asked. "I have Herbology, what class do you have, Harry?" Hermione asked "I've got Rituals next, I'm looking forward to it." Harry said as he checked his schedule. "Harry, how did you get into that class? I tried for weeks and couldn't even get an interview!" Hermione exclaimed "I've been studying every spare minute. If I want options after I graduate this year I need to buckle down and work hard." Harry said, sounding exasperated.

A/N Wow, can't believe how long it's been since I last updated. I had this chapter partly finished and then let it sit for months, then came back to it this evening and finished the chapter in an hour.