3rd pov
-----------
(05-02-2020)
D-day. Today is Taehyun's birthday. To say that he was excited would be a lie. He felt miserable. He's been feeling miserable for the past 2 years. He's been miserable ever since he was left alone. He's been miserable ever since his uncle and aunt took him in. He's been miserable for the past 2 years of his life and the fact that his parents died on his birthday made it even worse for him.

~'•°|°•'~'•°|°•'~

Right now it was his break time in school and he's again, sitting with Hyuka at the furthest bench of the cafeteria. Away from all the chaos and loud sounds of the cafeteria. Hyuka was the only one who treasured him as a friend and as a human.

"Hyunnie, why aren't you eating? You're really skinny don't you know? I'm worried for you." Hyuka stated with concern in his voice.

Taehyun didn't reply since his mind was blank. All of a sudden, he asked Hyuka, "Why are you friends with me? Do you not have any other friends? You could be happy with your life and not having to worry about people like me 24/7. You could be with Soobin and Yeonjun hyung right now, but you choose to stay with me instead. Why Hyuka? Why?"

"Because I like you Hyunnie". Hyuka thought to himself. "Because I care for you. I don't want you getting hurt or bullied. I want you to be welcomed in this biased society. I'll always be here to protect you Hyunnie." This was what he said.

Hyuka wasn't ready to confess to Taehyun. He was scared that their friendship might become awkward. He also knew that Taehyun doesn't like him like how he does.

"Anyways, today's your birthday. Do you wanna hang out? We can go out or something. If it's ok with you." Hyuka asked panicking trying to change topic.

Taehyun could only nod. He didn't celebrate his birthday last year. The only thing he did was lay in bed and cry the whole time. He hated his birthday knowing that that was the day his parents died.

Taehyun really didn't want to do anything this year but he didn't want to upset Hyuka, so he agreed nonetheless.He smiled softly as he saw Hyuka jumping up and down. 'cute... wait what? No! You can't be thinking that Taehyun! You can't be falling in love with him! He's your bestfriend!' Taehyun thought to himself.

He was so deep in his thoughts that he didn't hear Hyuka calling him.  "Hyunnie, are you ok? You're spacing out. The bell just rang, we need to go back to class. Quick!" Hyuka said with concern lingering in his voice.

"H-huh? Oh right okok. you can go first! i'll catch up to you. i just need to do something." Taehyun said while getting up and running somewhere. Hyuka just stood there confused and then walked to his next class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Where did Taehyun go???

hehe! find out next week!

Socials:
Instagram: pwarketh.sung / jisungsung.co
Twitter: _r33z_4ry3l
Youtube: Reez Aryel
---------------------------------