(06/02/2020)
Beomgyu's pov:
-----------------------------------------------------------
previously in chapter 5:

"why didn't you just asked me to be your partner earlier? i embarrased myself..." i whispered to Taehyun.

"you'll find out later why i didn't choose you earlier" Taehyun whispered back

"i'm too shy to tell you the reason" Taehyun thought to himself...
-----------------------------------------------------------
"alright, everyone! it's almost time for recess and i still haven't told you guys the topic for your duet with your partner. this term, your topic is love. come up with your own melody, lyrics and all those things! you have 8 months to do it. class is over! go for your recess now. bye class!"

oh shit... was this why Taehyun didn't want to tell me the topic?

"hey tae- huh? where'd he go? i swear he was here a second ago... nevermind, i'll just ask him later. i'll just go to the cafeteria... i'm hungry" i told myself

as i went down to the cafeteria, i saw a figure walking towards the back(?) i don't even know which one is the front or the back anymore... anyways, i followed the figure. i followed it all the up to the roof... wait, the roof? why? of all places... why the roof?

i stepped on to the concrete pavement of the roof totally forgetting about the figure i was following just a second ago because i was in awe with the view of the city from where i was standing... i couldn't explain the view... it was just amazing...

"it's nice isn't it?" someone called out... i turned around alarmed but let my guard down when i saw that it was only Taehyun.

"yeah, it's amazing... anyways, why are you here taehyun? shouldn't you be in the cafeteria?" i asked

"i should be the one asking you that..." he counter asked me (is that even the correct phrase? idk)

"w-well, i saw someone walking up here. i didn't know it was you... i was curious ok!" i exclaimed.

"this is my healing spot... whenever i feel upset or angry, i come up here... it's nice up here. the air is more... plantful(?)(see what i did there? hehe) " Taehyun explained...

"ahh, wait, so are you angry or upset right now? i should leave shouldn't i? i'll go now... bye" i said panicking because i thought i was disturbing him... that definitely was not the case as Taehyun quickly said...

"wait, don't go... it's nice to have company up here for once... i know we only got to know each other for lesser than 2 hours but please... stay for a while? just until i feel better... also, i'm just a little bit upset cause non of my friends are in school today... all of them are sick... fever..."

i couldn't say no... especially when Taehyun was upset and lonely... so i stayed with him...

we both sat there in comfortable silence as we stared at the blue sky... after a while, i decided to break the silence...

"hey, taehyun... you know... i really want to get to know you... can we... uhhh, you know, be friends? you don't have to answer right now... just think about it i guess"

"you know, you are the first person who asked me to be my friend... ever since... something happened two years ago..." taehyun explained.

I was confused... what was the "something"? i turned towards taehyun and look med at him in the eyes... i could see tears forming in his eyes... i could tell that that "something" has to be something bad. i didn't hesitate to pull him into a hug... the only thing that crossed my mind when i hugged him was these 3 words...

he feels warm

-----------------------

i'm so sorry for the late update. i'll try my best to upload another chapter today! i'm so sorry....

Socials:
Instagram: pwarketh.sung / jisungsung.co
Twitter: _r33z_4ry3l
Youtube: Reez Aryel