15

8 weeks

Twitter:

@Lukesheart: Okay so you know how everyone says that Cal is all sad and mopey on the promo tour. Apparently he got super trashed  at their send off the other night. Someone I know had a friend there and said he and Mack seemed to be fighting 1/2

2/2 and I know that girl that met them at the airport a few weeks ago said they were holding hands. I wonder if Macklum really happened and now they're fighting and that's what's wrong with him?

@VaporMorgan: @Lukesheart I heard he was all over some girl and Kenzie left crying ☹️

@CatGotTeeth: @Lukesheart @VaporMorgan Do y'all know anything about this rumor he stopped her wedding?

"Calum, can you at least try to look like you want to be here?" Ash asked.

"I'm trying." He half-heartedly replied, his face momentarily lifting into what looked more like a pained grimace than a smile.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, mate?" Michael asked.

"He did it to himself." Ashton mumbled and Calum shot him an icy glare. He didn't give in though, he knew he was right and that Cal was the only one to blame for his own current unhappiness.

"What do ya mean?" Luke asked, glancing over to Ash.

"I don't know the whole story but from what I've pieced together, he and Kenz had a fight about something before we left. He packed all his shit and tried to sell me this story about her being sick and not coming to the send off and then she was there. I was really confused until I realized he'd lied. I just still don't know why."

"I can't tell you the whole thing." Cal said simply.

It was the truth. They may have been at odds but she had specifically asked him and their families to keep the news of the baby amongst themselves until she was ready to tell others.

"Can you at least tell us some of it?" Luke pressed.

Calum sighed and took his bass off, placing the instrument on the drum riser behind him before taking a seat on the stage. He brought his knees to his chest and wrapped his arms around them loosely

"We've just been going through some shit. I didn't think she'd show up and I didn't want to bring the mood down. I was being an idiot but now we're away and I realize I've fucked up but she won't take my calls."

"Jesus Christ, Cal. What have you done?" Michael asked.

"I can't fucking talk about it." He said, exasperated by their questions.

"We're just trying to help is all." Ash said, softly.

"The only one that could help me is Mack." He muttered, grabbing his bass off the riser and slinging it back over his shoulder. "Let's just do this." He said trying to continue with their sound check.

"Cal, you can't just shut down on us like this." Luke said, his hands on his hips as he stared at his friend.

"I don't know what else to say, Luke. She's asked me not to air our private business and I can't delve into the details without doing that. So, unless you guys can get her to answer the fucking phone, can we please just get on with south check."