Chapter One

[Based on 1x01 - Pilot]

Edited: No

- - - - -

~ 2nd November, 1983; Lawrence, Kansas; Winchester Household ~

Inside the nursery of the 6-month-old Sam, Mary Winchester walked in wearing a white night dress. She was carrying Dean on one hip and Mikayla on the other, the latter almost asleep on her shoulder.

"Come on, let's say good night to your brother." Mary said, setting Dean on the ground but keeping Mikayla in her arms as she switched on the light.

Dean ran over to the crib that held baby Sam, he leaned over the side and kissed his brother on the forehead. "G'night Sam."

Tiredly, from her place in Mary's arms, Mikayla mumbled a "night Sammy."

Following suit, Mary leaned over the crib, kissing Sam's forehead too before saying "good night, love."

"Hey Dean." John Winchester spoke from the door to the nursery, causing the young boy to turn towards him.

Excited, Dean ran over to his father, exclaiming "daddy!".

"Hey buddy." John responded, scooping his son into his arms and walking further into the nursery. With a smile, he stroked the cheek of his sleeping daughter that wasnt pressed into his wife's shoulder. "Sweet dreams, little dove."

As Mary exited the room to put Mikayla to bed, she turned to John. "You got him?" She questioned.

"I got him." The mechanic confirmed, hugging Dean closer to his body.

"Sweet dreams, Sam." John said to the 6-month-old before flipping off the lights and carrying Dean out of the room. Sam merely gurgled and tried to grab his own toes.

As baby Sam was left on his own, the baseball-themed mobile above his crib began to spin on its own. Sam watched cluelessly. The clock on his nursery wall ticked, ticked and then stopped as the moon-shaped nightlight flickered. 

Later on that night, Mary was sleeping when the lights on the baby monitor on the nightstand next to her began to flicker. Strange noises came through it. Mary stirred, sleepily turning on the light on the same nightstand.

"John?" Mary softly called, flipping over to see if he was in bed next to her. He wasn't; she sighed and got out of bed.

She walked down the hall to Sam's nursery, peering in to see a silhouette over his crib. Assuming it to be her husband, she asked "John? Is he hungry?"