Chapter Four

[Based on 1x01 - Pilot]

Edited: No

- - - - -

~ Jericho, California; Sheriff's Station ~

Once it appeared that none of the deputies nor the sheriff would be coming back to the interrogation room, Dean used the paperclip he had seen protruding from John's journal to pick the lock on the handcuffs securing him to the table. Upon successfully achieving this, he then used the same paperclip to unlock the ones on his sister's friend.

The two stood and peered out through the window of the door, the sheriff and the deputy, who had interrupted the interrogation earlier, were gearing up to leave. The two hunters ducked out of view from the window as the same deputy approached the door, waiting for him to leave.

A few minutes later, the Winchester and the Leadworth climbed down the fire escape of the Sheriff's Station, officially free. The two soon found a payphone, Dec quickly dialling Mikayla's number and holding the phone between him and Dean so they could both hear the conversation.

On a highway, Kayla was still in the passenger seat with Sam driving. The tension between the two was no longer as suffocating, but it was certainly still there. The female Winchester's phone started ringing.

She pulled out the device, answering it. Declan's voice came through almost as soon as the call connected. "A fake 911 call, Mikky? I don't know, that's pretty illegal."

An indignant noise left the huntress' mouth. "What makes you think it was my idea?" She asked, her voice at least an octave higher than normal.

"You have a flare for the dramatics." Dec answered, adorning an amused smile. The girl merely rolled her eyes, her best friend knowing without having to see her.

"You're welcome." Kayla quipped and flipped her hair over her shoulder, Sam smiling at that despite their earlier argument.

"Listen, we gotta talk." Dean interrupted the two, his tone of voice telling his younger siblings that it was serious.

"Tell me about it. So the husband was unfaithful. We are dealing with a woman in white." Sam boasted, earning an angry look from his older sister. "And she's buried behind her old house, so that should have been Dad's next stop."

"Sammy, would you shut up for a second?" Dean exclaimed down the phone, an exasperated sigh leaving his lips.

Sam just continued to talk, ignoring his big brother's pleas for him to stop. "I just can't figure out why Dad hasn't destroyed the corpse yet."

"He's not here, is he?" Kayla sighed, rubbing one of her temples in frustration.

"No, he's gone. Dad left Jericho." Dean admitted, Dec stayed silent next to the man, wanting to say something but feeling it wasn't his place to do so.