Chapter Two

[Based on 1x01 - Pilot]

Edited: No

- - - - -

~ Jericho, California ~

Later, once Mikayla had finished her coffee, the Winchesters and Declan were walking the streets of Jericho in an attempt to find the daughter of Deputy Hein. They came across the Highland Movie Theater where a young woman, Amy, was putting up a poster with the caption "MISSING TROY SQUIRE".

"That's gotta be her." Mikayla assumed, they had never gotten the full name of the missing person but she remembered the name Troy. The huntress was acting as natural as possible in the relatively busy street to avoid looking suspicious.

"How're we doing this? Four people approaching her will be weird, won't get the answers we need." Declan pointed out, running a hand through his wind swept hair.

"Sam and I got this." Dean stated before walking away, approaching the young woman.

In sync, Declan and Mikayla shared a look before turning back to the brothers who were now in a conversation with Amy.

"I take it your little talk didn't go all that well." The hunter spoke, shoving his hands into his jean pockets in an attempt to distract himself from the disbelieving look on Kayla's face.

"Don't act like you didn't watch the whole thing!" She responded, a smirk making its way onto her face as she watched her best friend become flustered.

He scoffed. "I-I would... how dare... okay, so I saw you get a tad upset." His hand was now in front of her face, forefinger and thumb as close together as possible without actually touching.

Mikayla just rolled her eyes, slapped his hand away from her face and walked away. A wide smile stretched across Dec's face as he power walked to catch up with her.

- - -

The Winchesters and Declan met back up again once Sam and Dean had finished questioning Amy and Rachel, her friend. The four were on the side of a road, the Impala and Riviera parked tail-to-nose; the Winchester brothers were sitting on the Impala's trunk whilst Kayla and Dec were sat on the Riviera's hood.

"So, what do we know?" Mikayla asked, taking a swig from the water bottle she had swiped from her trunk just moments before.

"Well, there's a local legend about a hitchhiking ghost who kidnaps people." Sam offered and observed as his older sister considered what he had said.

"Question is: how much truth is there to it?" Dean questioned, although it sounded more rhetorical he looked around as if expecting a response.

"So, the library seems like our best option." Declan stated, what he assumed to be, the obvious. However, he quickly elaborated upon seeing Dean's raised eyebrow. "To see if anyone died bloody on th-"