Chapter Five

[Based on 1x02 - Wendigo]

Edited: No

- - - - -

~ Colorado ~

~ Colorado ~

Mikayla and Declan were in the Riviera, Mikayla driving as the two had switched out a few miles back. They were a little behind the Impala but they could still see it.

"Look, all I'm saying is that Isobel could be helpful." Declan argued. The two had been debating for at least ten minutes now on whether or not to have a witch friend try and track John.

"Yeah, and what if my dad finds out she's trying to find him? He's not gonna stop and think that it's us trying to find him, he'll see her as a threat and kill her." Kayla countered, taking her eyes off the road for a second to glance at her best friend. He was rubbing his eyes, either tired or frustrated.

"Then she'll say that we asked her to! Hell, she can call us and prove it to him." Dec tried to reason, yawning at the end. Mikayla smiled despite the topic of conversation. What? He was cute when he yawned!

"Look, he won't even give her a chance. Alright? Good ol' Papa Winchester doesn't see in shades of grey. He sees human and not-human; not-human gets killed." She explained with a huff. However, when Declan started laughing, she snapped her head to him. "What?"

"Good ol' Papa Winchester?" He mocked through the laughter, clutching his stomach.

"Shut up!" She said, lightly punching him on the shoulder as a blush painted her cheeks.

Once he calmed down, Declan refocused on the task at hand. “Look, why don’t I call Izzy and then she can decide for herself whether she wants to help or not?” He suggested, watching as his best friend sighed and tapped her fingers against the steering wheel, clearly trying not to give in.

“Why? We’re literally heading to the coordinates he left. He’ll be there.” Kayla was grasping at straws, desperate to keep her friend safely tucked away in the mountains states away.

“You tryin’ to convince me or you?” There was a beat of silence. “Look, you tell me. You’ve clearly been to Blackwater Ridge before, whether it was an old case or something else, it clearly ended badly or else you’d be telling me about it.” He ranted, turning in his seat so his entire body was facing the huntress.

“Dec-” “Oh, I’m not finished!”

“Whatever you were hunting, is it so bad that the John Winchester would drop a woman in white case to hunt it instead? Is it that urgent?” He finished, watching Mikayla’s facial expressions closely.