Part 5

A few months later--

"Arthur, I think we should talk," Merlin said nervously

"What is it, love?" Arthur asked

"I...I want kids!" Merlin blurted

Arther looked up from his papers very alarmed.

"W...what was that?" Arthur asked alarmed.

Merlin looked done at his shoes and mumbled, "I Want kids... would that be ok with you."

Arthur was confused wondering where this topic had come from then it hit him, Morgana, he smiled to himself.

"I would love to have kids with you, but we are both guys. If it were possible for you to get pregnant we would have thousands by now." Arthur said sarcastically.

Merlin punched Arthur in the arm. "You know what I mean, we could take in a couple of orphans or something," said Merlin

"I would love to have kids," Arthur said

Then a knock came at the door.

"Come in" Arthur yelled

Gwaine came in sweating "Merlin Arthur good day."

"Why are you here?" Asked Merlin " you look like you ran through the whole castle to get here."

"OK, Merlin don't freak out... but there have been reports of bandits terrorizing your village," Gwaine said

"What!"Merlin screamed

"Prepare the knights we ride at once." Arthur demanded, "Merlin, you should stay here."

"No way I am staying here It's my village," Merlin said

"Ok, I won't argue," Arther said sweetly

Arthur hugged Merlin and "said let's go."

At the village--

Merlin leads them to a secret path into the village. There was fire everywhere. Percival was assigned to protect Merin. Merlin went to his old house where he found a group of women along with his mother and several young children. He hugged his mother and nodded to Percival. Then he sent a signer to Arthur. Who soon came in hugging merlin almost like the few minutes they were apart was killing him. The other knights went looking for other survivors but all the men were dead. Only one woman died because she tried standing up to the attackers. Leaving two children behind. They helped bury the dead and fix the broken houses. Merlin begged his mom to move to the castle. She kept saying no. They asked the two children to come and live with them and they said yes. Know they have a little girl named Ashland about two or three years old and a boy named Harry about six years old.

Well, that's it! I really hope you enjoyed. Tell me what you think. Thank you for reading!!!