1.The Crime

As soon as she heard their voices, she knew something was up. And from the sound of their voices, it wasn't something good.

''Come on, Lucas, beg! We might go easy on you if you beg." Their jeering taunts reached her ears as she crouched in the bush, watching. She heard a kick, then a groan, and winced.

She didn't like hearing that he was in pain. She wanted to help him but was too afraid to. If they were willing to beat up someone they knew, which they obviously somehow did, what would they do to her if she tried to stop them?  " Come on, you coward!" One of them taunted, beginning to kick him in the side.  He curled into himself, holding out his hands in front of him to try to protect himself from the blows raining down on him.

"Please," The child, who looked about the same age as her, pleaded, his irises growing wide with trepidation. " Please, Kieran, please don't do this.. please.." She waited, her heart in her throat, for him to react. Was he going to let him go, or was he going to just ignore his plea and keep torturing him for reasons she didn't know and didn't understand? A few tense minutes passed, with no change to his expression. Finally, after a few more tense minutes of waiting, his expression morphed into a sneer.

" Really, Lucas? Do you think that's going to make me leave you alone? How gullible are you?" His voice transformed into a soft snarl as he continued. " Oh no, it's too late for that. You deserve this... you made this happen to yourself... you deserve everything that's going to happen to you and more... you deserve this pain. You deserve to lose everyone you've ever loved, you deserve to lose everyone once loyal to you. You don't deserve friendship. You don't deserve loyalty. You don't deserve anything of the sort!"  Every word he spat out was punctuated by a hard kick.

" I'm sorry..please.. please don't kill me," The child, Lucas, whimpered. His irises widened with alarm, and he started to tremble. "Please don't kill me... it won't solve anything. It won't bring her back.. so, please... I'm sorry it happened.. but murdering me won't solve anything. It won't get you what you want. " He looked him straight in the eye, and she could see the desperation in his gaze. For a moment, he was silent. Then, he let out a horrible, mocking laugh, and he flinched, just a little.

" Really, Lucas? You think I'm going to spare you?'' The bully, Kieran, sneered. '' Aww, how cute. You think I'm going to spare you. Well, I'm not. I'm going to make your last moments on Earth a living hell. You won't even be able to move, you'll be in so much agony. You will be wanting, begging me to spare your life, but I won't. I will watch you struggle in the grip of agony so bad you'll be begging me to ease your suffering, to take you out of your misery, but I won't. I will watch you suffer, not even lifting a finger to help you, until the moment you take your last breath."

She stared at him, at his wild, crazed eyes that made her shiver. Was he really going to torture him until he died? Blood had begun to drip down his face from the repeated blows. He kicked him again, his face was beginning to swell a little bit. He kicked him in the stomach, and he groaned a little. Kieran, who obviously somehow knew him, kicked him again, this time much harder, and she heard the breath leave his body. He kicked him in the ribs, and he emitted a tiny little moan of pain. The kid, Kieran, kicked him in the leg, and his leg twitched a little. With a horrible, sinister smile, he brought up his foot and stepped down hard on his leg, and he let out a horrible scream of agony that seemed to pierce her very soul.

With a jolt, she woke, paralyzed with terror. Had she just dreamed about the incident again? She hadn't dreamed about it for months; why was she suddenly dreaming about it now? Suddenly, her thoughts slowed to almost a complete stop. What did this mean?

Did this mean she was going to meet the person whose life her mom had saved four years ago, after wondering about it for so long? She had been wondering who he was and why they had decided to hurt him. What had happened between them to make them decide to hurt him?

Getting up, she shook off the dark thoughts that clung to her mind like cobwebs clinging to a door frame. Dwelling on the past wasn't going to help her find out who he was, so why was she dwelling on it? It did her no good to dwell on something that had happened in the past. Yes, it had happened, but it didn't affect her now. It wasn't like she was ever going to meet the person they had attacked anyway, however much she wanted to. And, oh, how she wanted to meet him- to finally understand why they had decided to hurt him! She wanted to know more about what had happened! Or did she? Did she really want to know why they had decided to hurt him?

Shaking off the dark thoughts yet again, she picked up her hairbrush and stared absently into a mirror next to her bed, thinking hard. A girl of fourteen stared back, with long, dark red hair that fell to just past her shoulders and bright blue eyes that matched her mother's and her sister's.
As if her thoughts had conjured her, her sister appeared in the doorway at that very moment.
" Kyla?" She turned. Her sister, Rachel, stood in the doorway, looking concerned.

" Are you ready?" She asked, looking almost ready to burst with excitement. She shrugged.
" Yeah," Kyla replied unconvincingly.

Her sister seemed to notice because her eyes softened.

" Did you have the dream again?"
She nodded numbly.

" Yeah," She admitted, averting her eyes.

Rachel laughed, and gently took a hold of her chin, forcing her to look her in the eyes. " It'll be okay," Rachel promised. " I don't know why you keep having this dream, but it will reveal itself to you in the end. You just have to be patient."

Would it really? Would she finally understand who he was and why she was dreaming about him?

Author's Note: Hey guys. I hope you liked the story! Second part will come out in a day or two. Please vote and comment, as I would love to hear what you guys think!

Love from a Gryffindor