5.A Casual Conversation With A Familiar Looking Stranger

She watched as he looked up as if he heard her approaching, his face paling like he had seen a ghost.

Maybe he had.

He plugged some headphones into his phone and started mouthing something frantically.

She was curious. What was he saying?

He listened for a while while mouthing something.
He looked to be ... singing to himself?

She had seen anxiety attacks often enough to know what was happening: he was having an episode.

He noticed her watching and looked away, his hands trembling.

Yep, definitely an attack.

The other guy put his hand on his shoulder and he startled a little before relaxing.

This guy obviously suffered from anxiety.

Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

But she was curious as to who he was and why he looked so familiar.

As she watched, he seemed to relax as if the music had helped.

At least that's what she thought he was listening to.

She hesitantly headed closer to him.

" Hi, I'm Kyla," She introduced herself, smiling at him.

" I'm Lucas," he muttered, looking at the ground.

Lucas.

" Really, Lucas? Do you think that's going to make me leave you alone? How gullible are you?"

His voice transformed into a soft snarl as he continued.   " Oh no, it's too late for that. You deserve this... you made this happen to yourself...  you deserve everything that's going to happen to you and more... you deserve this pain. You deserve to lose everyone you've ever loved, you deserve to lose everyone once loyal to you. You don't deserve friendship. You don't deserve loyalty. You don't deserve anything of the sort!"

Every word he spat out was punctuated by a hard kick.

" I'm sorry..please.. please don't kill me," The child, Lucas, whimpered. His irises widened with alarm, and he started to tremble. 

"Please don't kill me... it won't solve anything. It won't bring her back... so, please... I'm sorry it happened... but murdering me won't solve anything. It won't get you what you want. "   He looked him straight in the eye, and she could see the desperation in his gaze. For a moment, he was silent. Then, he let out a horrible, mocking laugh, and he flinched, just a little.

Betrayal and LiesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara