3.The Familarity Of A Stranger

She eyed him with interest. Who was he, and why did he look familiar? Had she seen him before?
She thought back to the dream she had, the one about the guy who had been attacked while she had watched, the guy who looked like the boy who her mom had saved? Could he be the same person?

" Kyla?" She turned around. Rachel was standing behind her.
" Yes?" She asked, hoping her voice didn't shake.
" Are you okay? You've been staring at him for the last minute," she asked, eying her with interest.

"I'm fine," she told her, hoping she sounded convincing.   But by the way, she was eying her, she could tell she wasn't convinced.
" I'm fine," she insisted, wondering why she was still staring at her. Did she think she was lying?

She began to fiddle with her hair, brushing her long, red hair back with her fingers.
Fiddling with her hair always seemed to calm her, but unfortunately, today it didn't seem to be working as well as it usually did.

She turned back to him, noticing how he shifted his weight and was fiddling with his phone and was eying them with what looked like wariness and distrust.

He must be nervous as well, She thought. But then she frowned.
But why the wariness and distrust? Did he think they were going to hurt him?
And why?

'' Kyla? Are you sure you're okay?'' she heard her sister ask.

''I'm fine, just wondering where I have seen him before,'' she replied honestly.

She stared at her incredulously.
" What do you mean?" She asked curiously.
'' And which one do you mean, the leaner one, or the brawnier one?''

'' The leaner one. I think I've seen him before,'' she admitted.

'' Where?'' she asked, sounding confused.

'' I don't know,'' she confessed quietly. '' I just feel like I've seen him before.''

'' You have?'' she repeated, her eyes clouding with confusion.

'' I don't know, It's just a feeling I have,'' she confided.

'' You know, I think I've seen him as well,'' she pondered, '' I just don't know where though, maybe on the news?''

" Maybe..." she mused, frowning. " Ugh, it's driving me crazy! "

" Hmm.. maybe you could become friends with them, or at least one of them,"she told her.

 She wrinkled her nose. " They are so not my type."

She laughed. " I know, you're into girls," she grinned. " I'll ask if either of them has a sister, I promise."

She gave her a grateful glance. " Would you? Thank you! I don't feel comfortable approaching them myself about it, it just seems... weird."

She chuckled. " But isn't it weird to get your sister to do it for you?" She teased.

" Yeah, but I trust you," she told her, peeking out behind her hair to peer at them.

" Of course you do, " she teased again, flicking her hair over her shoulder faux-haughtily.

She took a deep breath, trying to steady her nerves. She didn't know why, but she felt incredibly nervous about approaching them.

Why? Was it because one of them seemed familiar? Or was it because she found them attractive? She had never really thought about dating, but maybe she should start.

" What's wrong?" Rachel asked, seemingly noticing how she was hesitating.

" I 'm just nervous, I guess," she admitted.

" You'll do fine, " she insisted. " You've been lonely for too long. I don't want to have to see that again. Go make friends with them!"

She chuckled, nervously at that, but still felt strangely excited.

She hadn't talked with a boy for ages, maybe it would work out.

Or maybe it wouldn't.
But it was worth a try, right?

Author's Note: Hey guys, I hope you liked the third part. I would appreciate some feedback, so comment and vote if you liked it or not. :)

Love from a Gryffindor