2. Ongoing Anxiety

He didn't  know what to do. Why was this so hard? Why was it so hard to force himself to approach strangers?
He had a feeling why he couldn't force himself was because of what they had done to him.
He found it hard to trust anyone now.
It had taken him almost four months for him to build up the confidence to even go outside after what had happened!

And even now, four years later, he still found it hard to trust people.
Call him paranoid, but he had no idea who he could trust or who he couldn't trust anymore! He paced back and forth, eying everyone with wariness and distrust.
A few people met his gaze, but he quickly looked away, too nervous to meet anyone's gaze.
Suddenly, a hand landed on his shoulder, and he jumped, startled.

" Whoa, chill!" Someone said, and he relaxed. "It's just me!" It was  his brother, Landon.
" Sorry.." He muttered sheepishly. " You just startled me." Landon laughed, and playfully punched him in the arm.
But then, seemingly noticing his expression, his expression changed almost instantly.
" Are you worried about people betraying you like... He did?" He asked gently.

He nodded.

" Yes, I am," He admitted, embarrassed.
His brother put a reassuring hand on his shoulder, and he let it stay there.
Landon was one of the few people he allowed to touch him after what had happened.
" Hey, I'm sure none of these people want to hurt you," He responded gently. "It's okay.
I understand what you're going through, and I'll help you through it, I promise. I'm Always here."  He gave him a worried look.

" I know," he murmured. " I'm sorry I'm like this..."
His brother gave him a sharp look.
" Do not  apologize! This is not your fault!
It's... His! Not Yours!" He reprimanded sharply, though his eyes were twinkling kindly.
He laughed a little at that.

At that moment, he noticed a girl with dark red hair standing beside another girl, this time with brown hair, similar to his own, who looked oddly familiar...
" Who's that?" He asked Landon, who shrugged.

" I've no idea. Why?" He responded, seeming as confused as he was.
He narrowed his eyes. Did he know her from somewhere? But where?
" I.. I think I've seen her before.." He heard himself stammer.
Landon gave him a sharp look that told him of his complete shock at his words.

" You mean , She might of.. been the one who had saved your life?" Landon exclaimed in disbelief.
Landon knew that he was searching for the mysterious girl who had saved his life four years ago. He shrugged.
" I don't know," He admitted truthfully.
" Maybe."
He gave him a playful shove. " Then go approach her!"
He gave him an alarmed look. He shot a quick glance at her. She had stopped talking with the other girl, and was now watching him with a curious look in her eyes.

" What about..?" He exclaimed, worried.
He gave him a incredulous look.
" Really? You think the person who had saved your life would betray you now? Why would they even bother saving your life then?" He inquired in utter disbelief. He had to admit, he did have a point. But still...
" I don't know," He muttered quietly, so quietly he wasn't sure he had heard him. Fortunately, he had heard him." Besides, we don't really know if she was the one who saved my life."

Landon sighed. " I guess you're right," he sighed. " I guess we really don't know...
"But She could be," he added meaningfully.

He let out a sigh. He just couldn't win against him, could he?
" Alright," he sighed. " I'll go and talk with her."
He glanced once more at her.  The girl who had looked so familiar was eying him with curiosity and interest. She was quite pretty, he noticed, with a thin, slender frame and lanky,  muscular limbs. 

Why did she look so familiar? He thought, frowning. Had he met her before? Could she be possibly the person who had saved his life four years ago?

Author's Note: Hey guys, I hope you liked the second part. I would appreciate some feedback, so comment and vote if you liked it or not.

Love from a Gryffindor