Year 47 day 15

I woke up still in the house during twilight. The sun had already set and not much light remained. I stepped out of the house to find the light bright but nothing enough to burn me. I could feel its heat but I knew it would weaken to nothing before I'd burn. The village was mostly silent. The guards were patrolling in greater numbers than usual. It was likely they were looking for all the missing people. I had been lucky that they hadn't found me in my sleep. Although I was sure that anybody with the slightest knowledge of magic would spot me from I mile away. I was leaking magical power in extreme quantities I was overflowing with it. I probably had an aura the size of GCHQ! I ran down between the houses and out onto the path. Unlike in Calgarii the village wasn't surrounded by forest so there was little cover. So I sprinted at full pelt out to avoid detection. I ran in the direction of Rebelto. I ran so fast that it only took me 45 minutes to get there. I had so much excess energy I couldn't get tired. The magic wasn't even being held in me properly so had filled my bones and organs and other places where magic isn't normally stored. Magical energy is generally stored within muscle cells and the stomach but mine was everywhere. It would randomly flow somewhere it was meant to be and I would use it. As I used more from my stone some more entered due to diffusion but It was also flowing out of my body into my surroundings constantly.

Rebelto was a relatively large place. It was a town that was larger than Calgarii and it was surrounded by some kind of wall. Probably about twice the size of Calgarii. The wall had a gateway with 1 guard posted there. When he saw me He yelled to lift the gate. The huge wooden door began to slowly lift up. The door was about 3 metres tall and 3 metres wide. Likely to let wagons and caravans through. The door was a good 2 metres thick as well. This was about the same thickness as the stone walls. Inside it looked slightly poorer also with most houses hardly even having rooves. The roads were dirt paths instead of cobbled streets and the ground was very uneven going up and down hills quite frequently. I walked further into the town looking around for somewhere I could stay. The streets were dark and empty for the most part but there were a couple of people around. Unlike in the villages I had previously seen there weren't guards posted around because of the walls. People clearly thought they were safer inside the walls. But clearly, that safety was only from non-humanoid beings. As killers like me were let in in hardly a blink.

However, I didn't plan on killing anyone yet. I needed to stay there until I could find my way back into a country that spoke English. The only clues I had were that I couldn't have been too far away and Calgarii was a town in that country. I likely needed a library or some kind of navigation place. If I could get myself into the capital of that country it would be ideal. Because the larger the city the harder it would be to track me down. I walked around for about 20 minutes before finding what looked like a book shop. It was one of the very few shops with writing on them. Likely because most of the inhabitants were illiterate. However, if you're going to a library you probably aren't. I walked into the place. The writing above the door was unfamiliar to me. It was 2 complex characters much like how Chinese is writen. The two characters likely meant library or book shop but I couldn't be certain.

The letters were entirelymade of horizontal and vertical straight lines and had been carved into a stoneplate. The wooden door didn't move when I pushed it lightly so I assumed it wasclosed. I decided to look for a place to stay and then return to the librarywhen it opened. It would likely be during the day which meant I would have togo through the pain of entering the daylight but it was important for my futurein the world. As I knew I would eventually be captured again if I wasn'tsmarter about how I killed people. The best ways I could think of were toadvance to the strongest person or to make smarter decisions. So obviously I wouldchoose to do both. After all, It would be the safest to be smart and then once I waspowerful enough start dominating the map. However, what worried me most was howthe leveling system would work. Perhaps the more I killed the higher my levelwould become in which case becoming a mercenary or soldier would be a wisechoice for the time being. It would also allow for me to feed withoutsuspicions being raised too much due to high mortality in those jobs.